Locked threads

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Buz Groshong

Locked threads

by Buz Groshong » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:33 pm

How many threads are going to get locked to prevent people from expressing their disgust with management.

While I think it's a joke to ban anybody for something like that, stating that it "wasn't in the rules" is just plain stupid. It's pretty obvious that when someone is banned, they should not be posting (either directly using a different account or by proxy).

+1! The bullshit has to stop.

no avatar
mconnell

Re: Locked threads

by mconnell » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:How many threads are going to get locked to prevent people from expressing their disgust with management.

Looks like all of them, if needed to keep opinions from being stated. Seems to me that the "Site Feedback" forum should be deleted as well, since feedback is no longer welcome here.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:42 pm

This place is really getting absurd.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Gary Schenk wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:This place is really getting absurd.

What do you mean "getting"?

I should have added more and more.

Castlereagh

by Castlereagh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:11 pm

anita wrote:if you really want to express your disgust, why not just delete all your stuff and leave?
that makes more of a statement than incessant whining.

just sayin'...

Lots of people are upset at SP right now. Some have already left and taken their stuff with them. I think it would be to the detriment of SP at this point if everyone who was upset with recent events deleted their stuff and left. For purely selfish reasons I hope that it doesn't happen.

rhyang

by rhyang » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:22 pm

"Lots" of people ? Looks to me it's just the same old p & p crowd .. the forum addicts. These folks are probably better served by actually getting outside and / or finding satisfying hobbies.

JasonH

by JasonH » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:27 pm

rhyang wrote:"Lots" of people ? Looks to me it's just the same old p & p crowd .. the forum addicts. These folks are probably better served by actually getting outside and / or finding satisfying hobbies.

True, none of the people that left were big contributes.

Personally, I was sad to see Goldenhopper leave, he is cool guy but he had his reasons.

Castlereagh

by Castlereagh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:34 pm

JasonH wrote:
rhyang wrote:"Lots" of people ? Looks to me it's just the same old p & p crowd .. the forum addicts. These folks are probably better served by actually getting outside and / or finding satisfying hobbies.

True, none of the people that left were big contributes.

Personally, I was sad to see Goldenhopper leave, he is cool guy but he had his reasons.

Some who are considering leaving are big contributors. SummitPost is a great website because it generates its resources from a wealth of people all over the world. It would be nothing without user contributions. The Forums were but a small part of SummitPost, and PnP a small part of the forums.

The fact is PnP kept all that trash quarantined in one place. Not only now are you seeing the spillover into other forums (ie this thread), but if people left and pulled their contributions with them then the "sewage" of PnP will completely spill over to and subtract from the quality of the most important of the site.

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:36 pm

anita wrote:if you really want to express your disgust, why not just delete all your stuff and leave?

just sayin'...

Some of us just refuse to be that immature. Oh, and protesting is not whining.

JasonH

by JasonH » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:

just sayin'...

Nope, but endlessly hammering the same point over and over again makes it look like whining.

There is PnP out there if you know where to find it. No, its not the old PnP, but its better then nothing.

http://stef.schuermans.free.fr/PNP/index.php

mrh

by mrh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 pm

MikeTX wrote:i can't believe y'all are still carrying on about this.

Me either.

I'm just here because I want to post on one more thread before it got locked. :twisted:

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 pm

JasonH wrote:
Buz Groshong wrote:

just sayin'...

Nope, but endlessly hammering the same point over and over again makes it look like whining.

There is PnP out there if you know where to find it. No, its not the old PnP, but its better then nothing.

Not asking for PnP back, just would like to freely discuss site issues (this is site feedback isn't it?). When management shows an obvious bias in their actions (or lack thereof), we should be able to discuss it without getting censored by those whose management activities we are objecting to.

Castlereagh

by Castlereagh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:
JasonH wrote:
Buz Groshong wrote:

just sayin'...

Not asking for PnP back, just would like to freely discuss site issues (this is site feedback isn't it?). When management shows an obvious bias in their actions (or lack thereof), we should be able to discuss it without getting censored by those whose management activities we are objecting to.

+1

no avatar
mconnell

by mconnell » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:
JasonH wrote:
Buz Groshong wrote:

just sayin'...

Sounds like you read the PM I sent to Bob earlier today. The issue isn't PnP, it's the new direction of site management in moderating SP.

Next

Return to Site Feedback