Annual CMC Dinner - March 6

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Heartland of the America. Hey, this includes Arkansas. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Midwest US Climbing Partners section.
Alpinist

Annual CMC Dinner - March 6

by Alpinist » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:11 am

The Chicago Mountaineering Club (CMC) and American Alpine Club Midwest Chapter (AAC) are proud to have Stephen Koch as our guest speaker for the 2010 CMC/ AAC Annual Dinner on Saturday March 6th at the Oak Brook Double Tree, 1909 Spring Road, Oak Brook, IL 60523.

Stephen is a climber, snowboarder, and long- time mountain guide. He survived an avalanche on Mount Owen in Grand Teton National Park that carried him over 2,000 feet! The aftermath left him with a broken back, two badly damaged knees with torn ligaments, cracked ribs, and a night spent at over 9,000' on the snow in only a long underwear shirt and thin pair of pants... His story is one of adventure, survival, and the awesome power of the Mountains!

As always, we'll have our annual raffle, silent auction, and now photo contest, so bring your checkbook to get great gear for a fraction of the price!

Additional details.

grabbs146

by grabbs146 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm working on going I might be late. How was eagle mountain?

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Eagle Mtn was cold but fun. I recruited my father to go with me after interest started to wane here on SP. It was just the 2 of us. Not wanting to skimp too much on warmth or comfort and not wanting to weigh him down too much, I opted to pull a 60lb sled with all the camping stuff. It was kind of like Denali without the steep incline.

grabbs146

by grabbs146 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 pm

awesome!! I went to feb. follies for the first time. What a cool place! The ice was good and it looked like a good place to go in the fall for some rock climbing too.

Return to Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)