Whitney permit system

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

Whitney permit system

by Bob Burd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 am

Yes, it's a System. Involves stamp collecting and a leaf blower. Who'd a thunk it? :)

Whitney Lottery

And if you didn't get your application in already, I think you missed this year's initial deadline.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:22 am

Who needs a permit?

You'd be surprised how fast movers can get a day gig.

Fast movers... in and out and they are done.

graham

by graham » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:17 am

The Chief wrote:Who needs a permit?
You'd be surprised how fast movers can get a day gig.
Fast movers... in and out and they are done.
LOL, you’re talking to Bob about fast movers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As you know, everyone entering the Whitney Zone, be it overnight or day trips, is supposed to have the appropriate permit.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:31 am

Really?

DAY TRIP PERMITS for Fast Movers are readily available.

When not guiding, I got 16 of em the day before my one day CtoC's of the EA, EB, FA, MD, HR etc etc etc last year.

14 of em the year before.

18 in '07

THAT IS MY POINT... DAY PERMIT's my friends. They are readily available the day before during the right time of the permit season. Those periods are always when the crowds are low as well.

PS: Have yet to see Bob do both the EB and the FA in less than 16 hours CtoC.

graham

by graham » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:21 pm

The Chief wrote:….. THAT IS MY POINT... DAY PERMIT's my friends. They are readily available the day before during the right time of the permit season. Those periods are always when the crowds are low as well….
Completely agree. I’m strictly a day permit’er with Carl’s Jr as my mess hall.

My one gripe with the Whitney day permit system is that you can’t get back to back day permits (Everytime I've asked for b2b permits *they* said no dice). So if you’re in the area it’s tricky to do 2 Whitney Zone day trips back to back. I guess I’ll have to man-up and do them all in one day :D

The Chief wrote:….. PS: Have yet to see Bob do both the EB and the FA in less than 16 hours CtoC.
OK Bob, you ready to man-up and take on this “Sierra Challenge” :?: I got all the gear and will do the leading.

Hmmm.... now I just have to figure out whether I need to get my VO2 Max up or down :lol:

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:24 pm

graham wrote:
The Chief wrote:….. THAT IS MY POINT... DAY PERMIT's my friends. They are readily available the day before during the right time of the permit season. Those periods are always when the crowds are low as well….
Completely agree. I’m strictly a day permit’er with Carl’s Jr as my mess hall.

My one gripe with the Whitney day permit system is that you can’t get back to back day permits (Everytime I've asked for b2b permits *they* said no dice). So if you’re in the area it’s tricky to do 2 Whitney Zone day trips back to back. I guess I’ll have to man-up and do them all in one day :D

The Chief wrote:….. PS: Have yet to see Bob do both the EB and the FA in less than 16 hours CtoC.
OK Bob, you ready to man-up and take on this “Sierra Challenge” :?: I got all the gear and will do the leading.

Hmmm.... now I just have to figure out whether I need to get my VO2 Max up or down :lol:

Yeah ya can... have someone down below get it the day yur on the route.

I will be there to watch/come along for the ride on the one day gig on the EB and FA.

Princess Buttercup

by Princess Buttercup » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:33 pm

The Chief wrote:
I will be there to watch/come along for the ride on the one day gig on the EB and FA.

I would even dig out the old cheerleader uniform for that one... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:40 pm

graham wrote:OK Bob, you ready to man-up and take on this “Sierra Challenge” :?: I got all the gear and will do the leading.

Sorry, I've got my own todo list a mile long without taking on others' challenges. Not that I could do this one anyway. EF or EB in a day is on my list, but no wish to make it any harder than that. And I'm already planning to join the Chief for the Baldwin-Morrison traverse on Aug 10. He should have plenty of time then to talk me into something more ballsy later in the summer. :D

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:47 pm

Bob Burd wrote:I'm already planning to join the Chief for the Baldwin-Morrison traverse on Aug 10. He should have plenty of time then to talk me into something more ballsy later in the summer. :D

WHOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAA!

We got us a date Baby!!!

I will even nudge ole Greg Enright to join us. Should make for an excellent time with not a soul around except us three whacko's and maybe a BH Sheep or two.

rhyang

by rhyang » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:52 pm

The Chief wrote:three whacko's and a Sheep or two

Now that sounds like a good time :twisted:

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:59 pm

rhyang wrote:
The Chief wrote:three whacko's and a Sheep or two

Now that sounds like a good time :twisted:

Hey buddy! I'll do ya better than any damn llama ass you can get....

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:10 pm

The Chief wrote:
Hey buddy! I'll do ya better than any damn llama ass you can get....

Forced to make a choice, I'd go with the llama. Not only do those horns look quite dangerous, but they are also indicative of the male persuasion. I don't like to mix my animal and gender treachery at the same time.

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:59 pm

The Chief wrote:PS: Have yet to see Bob do both the EB and the FA in less than 16 hours CtoC.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:02 pm

kevin trieu wrote:
The Chief wrote:PS: Have yet to see Bob do both the EB and the FA in less than 16 hours CtoC.

There ya go with the serious ego assuming deal again dude...

IT WAS A JOKE!

Another example of those here on SP that take this shit waaaaaaaaaaaaay too serious.

PS. I know that BB is more than capable of completing this gig.

TheOrglingLlama

by TheOrglingLlama » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm

:mrgreen:

Next

Return to California