idyllwild humberpark trail conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Snowball

idyllwild humberpark trail conditions

by Snowball » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Has anyone recently been up that trail from humber park to the summit of san jacinto peak in the last few days or week?

i am considering hiking/skinning up that trail to san jacinto peak and then skiing down.... i was wondering how much snow coverage there is the trail given all this new snow. thanks!

hamik

by hamik » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Not sure how much it helps, but went to Lily Rock yesterday and the snow was continuous from the parking lot.

Snowball

by Snowball » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:15 am

hamik wrote:Not sure how much it helps, but went to Lily Rock yesterday and the snow was continuous from the parking lot.

ahhh, yes.... very helpful. thanks hamik!

Deb

Re: idyllwild humberpark trail conditions

by Deb » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:09 am

Snowball wrote:Has anyone recently been up that trail from humber park to the summit of san jacinto peak in the last few days or week?

i am considering hiking/skinning up that trail to san jacinto peak and then skiing down.... i was wondering how much snow coverage there is the trail given all this new snow. thanks!

When are you going to do this? I need a trip out on skis this weekend too.

Snowball

by Snowball » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:50 am

Deb wrote:
Snowball wrote:Has anyone recently been up that trail from humber park to the summit of san jacinto peak in the last few days or week?

Really? I am thinking about going there this wednesday... you are welcome to join me. this weekend i am outta town (up at mammoth w patty). i am not a hardcore skiier btw. david

Deb

by Deb » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:08 am

Snowball wrote:
Deb wrote:

Really? I am thinking about going there this wednesday... you are welcome to join me. this weekend i am outta town (up at mammoth w patty). i am not a hardcore skiier btw. david

Well FAAART - I have school and 2 appts on Wed. Maybe I'll catch you sometime before too much snow melts. :D

Snowball

by Snowball » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:40 am

Deb wrote:
Snowball wrote:
Deb wrote:

Well FAAART - I have school and 2 appts on Wed. Maybe I'll catch you sometime before too much snow melts. :D

yeah!

no avatar
KathyW

by KathyW » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:22 am

Is the parking lot open at Humber Park? I was up there a couple weeks ago and there was a closed sign and the parking lot had not been plowed. A couple of cars were parked on the road just before the parking lot and I parked in the snowy/icy parking lot without getting towed away.

hamik

by hamik » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:34 am

Can you take a picture of NE Face and The Trough for me when you do your tour? Yes, the parking lot is open.

Snowball

by Snowball » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 pm

hamik wrote:Can you take a picture of NE Face and The Trough for me when you do your tour? Yes, the parking lot is open.

sorry no pics from the day...

Return to California