Digital camera not working

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
ExcitableBoy

Digital camera not working

by ExcitableBoy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:22 pm

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4 that is about a year old. I went to use it after not using it for 6 months. I turned the camera on and it indicated the battery was empty. I was able to take a couple of photos then the camera went dead. I recharged the battery and the same thing happened. I figured the battery was dead so I bought a new battery, charged it and put it in the camera. This time the camera would not turn on at all. I thought maybe the charger was bad so I bought a new charger and charged both batteries. Again, the camera would not turn on. The camera has never been dropped or handeled roughly and worked fine the last time I used it. It was stored in the garage over the winter and temperatures probably dropped in to the low 40's. I don't think that would be the problem because I have used it in very cold temperatures for extended periods of time with no problems. Any ideas what the problem could be?

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Did it get damp?

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:29 pm

I don't think so. I keep it in a water resistant case.

kakakiw

by kakakiw » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Try cleaning the battery contacts in the camera and the battery. Either a pencil eraser or an cotton swab dipped in alcohol.

Return to Gear