DWA illegally harrasing hikers at snow creek

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
MBS1017

by MBS1017 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Spazzy - I am in fact.

dskoon

by dskoon » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:25 pm

redneck wrote:
leopop wrote:Put yourself in bbock's shoes. If you were in the parking lot of a grocery store and some stranger were to get out their camera and start shooting photos of your license plate and your face, and explained that they were taking photos for identification for the future potential of you vandalizing their vehicle, you probably wouldn't be too happy either.

But there's nothing I could do about it, and rightly so.

There is plenty of rude behavior that remains legal. I'd like to keep it that way, personally.

Redneck is correct in this. While you or I may not like having our license plate photographed at a grocery store or a trailhead, or in front of your house, legally there's not much you could do about it. . . Except what, punch the guy in the face?

SoCalHiker

by SoCalHiker » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Gary Schenk wrote:This little cat and mouse game between climbers and DWA has been going on for decades. With sort of a wink and a nod climbers have gotten through DWA land in twos and threes. They know they are not supposed to be there, DWA knows they are just going through to climb.

Now all of a sudden organized groups of 18 are announcing their plans on the Internet. This changes the game. The DWA wants to protect their land and water rights and escalates their efforts relative to the climber escalation.

So it goes.

Completely agree. Given the recent internet traffic about the route and outings it was bound to happen.

brotherbbock

by brotherbbock » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:15 pm

SoCalHiker wrote:
Gary Schenk wrote:This little cat and mouse game between climbers and DWA has been going on for decades. With sort of a wink and a nod climbers have gotten through DWA land in twos and threes. They know they are not supposed to be there, DWA knows they are just going through to climb.

Now all of a sudden organized groups of 18 are announcing their plans on the Internet. This changes the game. The DWA wants to protect their land and water rights and escalates their efforts relative to the climber escalation.

So it goes.

Completely agree. Given the recent internet traffic about the route and outings it was bound to happen.

I also agree. If people are going to post TR's on this they need to start doing the climb the legal way and skirt around grid 33. That way the DWA has no legal right to complain or harass climbers in legal parking areas.

fatdad

by fatdad » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:26 pm

brotherbbock wrote:I also agree. If people are going to post TR's on this they need to start doing the climb the legal way and skirt around grid 33. That way the DWA has no legal right to complain or harass climbers in legal parking areas.

People may also want to refrain from posting prospective trips with dates certain. From the early posts, it appears that someone is monitoring people's plans and intercepting accordingly. Having said that, Snow Creek has a pretty limited season so it's probably safe to assume they'll probably be out there every weekend for the next month or so.

brotherbbock

by brotherbbock » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:37 pm

MikeTX wrote:that's probably one of the funniest things i've read on this board in awhile. thanks steve.

Indeed....that was f-ing classic.

no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

by Dave K » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:53 pm

fatdad wrote:
brotherbbock wrote:I also agree. If people are going to post TR's on this they need to start doing the climb the legal way and skirt around grid 33. That way the DWA has no legal right to complain or harass climbers in legal parking areas.

People may also want to refrain from posting prospective trips with dates certain. From the early posts, it appears that someone is monitoring people's plans and intercepting accordingly. Having said that, Snow Creek has a pretty limited season so it's probably safe to assume they'll probably be out there every weekend for the next month or so.

Saturday morning at 8 a.m., I plan to hike onto DWA property and poop in the watershed.

Anyone else want to join me?

WoundedKnee

by WoundedKnee » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Dave K wrote:
fatdad wrote:

Saturday morning at 8 a.m., I plan to hike onto DWA property and poop in the watershed.

I'll bring the coffee and cigarettes to get 'er started.

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Sounds like MF needs to stop with the Big Party trips. Saw this coming after last years incident.

Folks who really want to do this, use Rick Kent's route (as posted earlier) and go during the weekday.

Next.....

Augie Medina

by Augie Medina » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Steve1215 wrote:AND Salome sayeth: I am BORED, so bring me the head of that prophet…bring me the head of FIGHT ON, on thy silver platter! And so they killeth him, and they removeth the head of FIGHT ON; they banneth him and deleteth him, and they casteth his body into yon sulphorous Lake of Fire! Oh wicked men and pagan idolators, thou hast smote THE ONE TRUE PROTECTOR OF SNOW CREEK.
:)

"A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin..." Mark 6:4

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Dave K wrote:Saturday morning at 8 a.m., I plan to hike onto DWA property and poop in the watershed.

Thanks guys for the humor!

fatdad

by fatdad » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Dave K wrote:
fatdad wrote:

LOL. Thanks for that.

BTW DMT (former English major here mind you), I believe smite is both present and future tense and smitten and smote are both past tense. Smite on.

tinaballina

by tinaballina » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:07 pm

So it goes.

No one willingly announced it, someone leaked and it escalated from there.

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:26 am

Dave K wrote:Saturday morning at 8 a.m., I plan to hike onto DWA property and poop in the watershed.

Don't forget to invite toxo. I think she'd be upset if you left her out of this one.

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:21 am

Squishy.....that's a mean thing to do! Now go chase some climbers from doing Snow Creek. All 18 of them!! :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to California