Holy Cross

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
Element76

Holy Cross

by Element76 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:59 pm

I haven't seen much info here in regards to current conditions. So has anybody been up or around Holy Cross lately?

I am figuring a trip around July 16th to do Halo ridge or possibly Angelica route. Also anyone up for joining me?

Cheers

seano

Re: Holy Cross

by seano » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Element76 wrote:I haven't seen much info here in regards to current conditions. So has anybody been up or around Holy Cross lately?

I went up the cross couloir on the 28th, and while there was snow all the way, it was thin in a few places, and soft everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised to fin d a couple bare patches by the 16th. If you're planning to do a snow route, get an early start -- it's been warm.

no avatar
sneakyracer

Re: Holy Cross

by sneakyracer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Element76 wrote:I haven't seen much info here in regards to current conditions. So has anybody been up or around Holy Cross lately?

I am figuring a trip around July 16th to do Halo ridge or possibly Angelica route. Also anyone up for joining me?

Cheers

This webcab shows Holy Cross quite clearly (Blue Sky webcam at Vail)

http://www.vail.com/mountain/current-co ... -cams.aspx

Return to Colorado