Ride to Big Sandy Trailhead

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.
bearbnz

Ride to Big Sandy Trailhead

by bearbnz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Anybody in Boulder or Pinedale that could give a ride to a pair of climbers from the Pinedale airport (Ralph Wenz field)? We would of course compensate you for your time and fuel, monetarily. We will arrive sometime around August 5.

Does anyone have any alternative ideas on transportation to Big Sandy from the airport? Really hoping not to have to drive, 14 hours by car, 3.5 by little airplane.

builttospill

by builttospill » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:34 pm

You've probably already tried this, but I'd call some of the outfitters in town in Pinedale and elsewhere. Hunting, horse packing and other outfitters might be willing to give a ride, though it might cost you a pretty penny. I've done this back when I lived on the East Coast on kayaking trips (for a shuttle).

Good luck.

Doublecabin

by Doublecabin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Call The Great Outdoor Shop in Pinedale for a shuttle.

bearbnz

by bearbnz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:21 am

Thank you doublecabin, The Great Outdoor Shop does have an on-demand shuttle available, and they will even pick us up at the airfield. Thanks for the reply and the great information.

bearbnz

by bearbnz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:53 pm

How about from Lander to Dickinson Park? Anyone know of a shuttle or other way to get to that trailhead from Lander?

Return to Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)