Camping in Parc des ecrins

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
nartreb

by nartreb » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:36 pm

parc rules (in French)

There's a linked PDF that says there's no camping at all unless authorized by the Park Director, but I'm guessing said authorization has been granted, since the web page says camping is OK between the hours of 19h and 9h, at a distance of one hour's hike from the park border or any road.

Note there are 42 huts ("refuges") in the park, see map. I imagine there's a fee to use them (at least during summer), certainly reservations are a good idea, and there may be a camping-exclusion zone beside each one. Contact info: http://www.ecrins-parcnational.fr/nous-contacter.html

Edit: "Massif des Ecrins" page here on SP confirms "dusk to dawn" camping is OK, says camping right beside the refuges is actually encouraged.

BrunoM

by BrunoM » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:20 pm

I've been there 3 times now.

Bivouacking is allowed between 19 h and 9 h and an hour away from the park borders and roads.

Camping near the refuges isn't a problem if you ask and if it's possible (at the refuge du Tourond for instance there's no room to camp nearby).

Making reservations is absolutely necessary. Especially French hikers like to hike from refuge to refuge so they can be crowded.

Sleeping (no pension) at the refuges costs something between 10 and 15 euro. Half pension costs around 30 euro.

If you have more specific questions about trails, cols, bivouac sites etc, send me a pm!

Here's a link to the pictures from my recent trip, from Molines en Champsaur to La Grave in 14 days!

http://picasaweb.google.com/bruno.morez ... Summer2010

Enjoy!

Return to Europe