Montbell sizing

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
sneakyracer

Montbell sizing

by sneakyracer » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:45 am

Hi, I just ordered a Montbell Alpine Light Down Parka and got it today. I got it size Large. Inmediately when I opened got the jacket out I noticed how short it was. The length of the sleeves however was perfect for the size (almost identical to other jackets I have) and the chest and shoulder size was the right size but the length of the jacket measured about 3 inches shorter than it should be. I am 6-2 and about 185 lb.

Most jackets (in Large size) have a center back length of about 29in (measured my own) and this jacket measured 26in. (it can stretch down a tad more though)

Its a shame because otherwise the jacket is just what I wanted. Its awesome, very light but warm with high loft and good materials and construction. Seems like its durable, unlike most other light garments.

This jacket is somewhat hard to find in stock but im temped to either keep this one or search and get an XL. Its a really nice jacket.

Anyone here have any experience with Montbell products? I want to know how long are their XL's

thx

DukeJH

by DukeJH » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:57 pm

I like MontBell products and have their UL ThermalWrap Jacket in medium. I found the fit to be "athletic", i.e. a little small for what I expected for its size, but I love the piece.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:01 pm

I have one of their UL jackets, and confirm that the fitting (of that model) seems to be short-waisted and "athletic" -- i.e. not big-belly. I'm short, so I appreciate a "large" that just ends at my waist, and still fits well.

Blair

by Blair » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:26 am

I like my Mont Bell stuff, but where I wear a Med in some brands like marmot and Pataguchi, i need a XL for Mont Bell.

There stuff is small. Dont forget its a Japaneese company, and most japaneese folks I know arent the biggest kids on the block.

My fav sleeping bag is Mont Bell. I am 6'3 and a Long is BARLEY long enough.

Return to Gear