Some pics from our trip to the Cordillera Blanca, Peru

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:49 pm

albanberg wrote:Yikes! It does not take much of a hike to get up high there.

I knew it was a risk but figured since we had in some altitude, we should be able to do it. The hike itself was only 2.5k gain but we were definitely breathing hard near the pass.

Kiefer

by Kiefer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Absolutely beautiful!!! Stunning!
Bout as crisp/clear as you can get!
Thanks for posting these.

Looks like you had one hell of a trip. 8)

albanberg

by albanberg » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Kiefer Thomas wrote:Absolutely beautiful!!! Stunning!
Bout as crisp/clear as you can get!
Thanks for posting these.

Looks like you had one hell of a trip. 8)

Hey thanks Kiefer! Yeah, it was a good trip.

Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Actually, how did you get them that clear! Mine always have that SLR sort of 'dirty' look to them.

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:22 am

Great photos, thanks for posting.

albanberg

by albanberg » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:07 am

Luciano136 wrote:Actually, how did you get them that clear! Mine always have that SLR sort of 'dirty' look to them.

Uh, I don't know. I try to keep the lens clean...I'm using an LX3, rather than a SLR. I have not done more than adjust the exposure and the tone curve on these. A little saturation...no photoshop though.

albanberg

by albanberg » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:07 am

Brad Marshall wrote:Great photos, thanks for posting.

Thanks Brad!

shottolo

by shottolo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:31 am

beautiful!
really...
;)

albanberg

by albanberg » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:56 pm

shottolo wrote:beautiful!
really...
;)

Thanks!

Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:05 pm

albanberg wrote:
Luciano136 wrote:Actually, how did you get them that clear! Mine always have that SLR sort of 'dirty' look to them.

Uh, I don't know. I try to keep the lens clean...I'm using an LX3, rather than a SLR. I have not done more than adjust the exposure and the tone curve on these. A little saturation...no photoshop though.

Ah, I see. I thought it was an SLR as well. As you can see in my profile pic, SLR's produce more of an old school film like picture. It looks great and the detail is amazing but I sometimes find that regular cameras produce more 'crisp' colors.

albanberg

by albanberg » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:21 pm

Luciano136 wrote:
albanberg wrote:

Ah, I see. I thought it was an SLR as well. As you can see in my profile pic, SLR's produce more of an old school film like picture. It looks great and the detail is amazing but I sometimes find that regular cameras produce more 'crisp' colors.

Interesting...are you shooting RAW images? The first thing that jumps out to me on your profile pic is that it seems a bit underexposed. If you are shooting RAW (and maybe other formats like jpg, I'm not sure) you can adjust the exposure in your software to brighten up the image a bit. Then again, maybe you prefer it that way.

In my shooting I've been working on trying various exposures...often I'll shoot on program but change the exposure or take multiple exposures of a picture. On this recent trip I also took multiple exposures of certain images and plan to combine the images later in photoshop to create a high contrast image.

albanberg

by albanberg » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Luciano136 wrote:
albanberg wrote:

I took a look at some of your other pictures and they look very clear to me...some real nice shots too!

Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:51 pm

albanberg wrote:Interesting...are you shooting RAW images? The first thing that jumps out to me on your profile pic is that it seems a bit underexposed. If you are shooting RAW (and maybe other formats like jpg, I'm not sure) you can adjust the exposure in your software to brighten up the image a bit. Then again, maybe you prefer it that way.

In my shooting I've been working on trying various exposures...often I'll shoot on program but change the exposure or take multiple exposures of a picture. On this recent trip I also took multiple exposures of certain images and plan to combine the images later in photoshop to create a high contrast image.

I haven't done RAW yet but I think I really need to give it a try. Apparently the options for editing are a lot better. I would often use different exposures as well but in this case, it was a quick shot taken by someone else. It's tough; it will look perfect on my computer screen at home but that one is really bright and then it looks a bit dark on others.

Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:52 pm

albanberg wrote:
Luciano136 wrote:
albanberg wrote:

I took a look at some of your other pictures and they look very clear to me...some real nice shots too!

Thanks :). They are a mix though; some point-and-shoot, some SLR.

fatdad

by fatdad » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Sweet! Some of those summits look absolutely surreal. Makes me sad I never got a chance to head down there.

PreviousNext

Return to South America