complete gear list?

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
Mountainjeff

Re: complete gear list?

by Mountainjeff » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:01 pm

mattski wrote:sounds like excitable boy likes carring a heavy pack

That would probably not add up to much more than 45 lbs, which is not too bad... I buy the cheaper heavier gear, so my pack is more like 50-55 lbs for a multi-day trip. Buying a lighter weight rope, tent, and sleeping bag are the main weight savers.

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:36 am

mattski wrote:sounds like excitable boy likes carring a heavy pack

mattski wrote:down sleeping bags are a thing of the past http://www.blizzardsurvival.com/product ... rvival-bag

what do you need to haul pulys and extra gas cans and bowls with you up the mountain. what do you need a spoon for if you have pitons treking poles? Water purification Chlorine Dioxide what the fucks that sleeping pad you have your bag rope and boots to sleep on. tent no bivy bag for mountaineering. half shank you need a full shank boot and a single rope 8.9mm titaium pot small like 1 cup youll be eating dehighed food remember

#1 Learn to write English. You live in a English speaking country. I know this because I dated a girl in college who moved to New Zealand

#2 My multi day technical pack weighs between 30 and 35 pounds. I know what I'm talking about, no one can even understand you.

#3 :lol:
Last edited by ExcitableBoy on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:57 am

mattski wrote:
ExcitibleBoy

homo

Yeah, Homo sapien
Last edited by ExcitableBoy on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:59 am

:lol:
Last edited by ExcitableBoy on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:43 am

mattski wrote:your tec pack lol dont you use cams or nuts or hex's i do my pack weighs 22 pounds you use half shank boots what are you going to climb the stairs put your sling around the hand rail and your snow stake up your arce

I could have sworn they taught English in New Zealand schools. I suppose I was wrong.

no avatar
JJBrunner

by JJBrunner » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:05 am

mattski wrote:Water purification Chlorine Dioxide whats that eb do you boil your tap water at home

It's funny because even if you did have a good point to make, nobody would know because you either don't take the time to type properly so it can be easily read and understood, or you weren't taught English like EB mentioned... Who seems better to take advice over the internet from? A punk who cnt spll? Or a member who can type properly, be helpful, and who I believe has plenty of experience. If you want to be a punk on this site, fine with me, that's the beauty of this website. But don't try to give aspiring mountaineers the idea that a space-blanket sort of equipment is all the warmth you need to climb Mt. Shasta when you 1.Don't know what you're talking about or 2.Put off the vibe that you don't know what you're talking about because, frankly, you're a dumbass...

no avatar
JJBrunner

by JJBrunner » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:11 am

mattski wrote:your tec pack lol dont you use cams or nuts or hex's i do my pack weighs 22 pounds you use half shank boots what are you going to climb the stairs put your sling around the hand rail and your snow stake up your arce

And btw, that spaceblanket-like thing with heat pays weights 2 kg, thats ~4.4 pounds. Explain what exactly is in your pack please. Preferably in language the general population can understand.

no avatar
JJBrunner

by JJBrunner » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:25 am

mattski wrote:No you get the one with out a heat pad and sleep in it in a bivy bag.
In my bag for multi day trips for mod routes is,

1. nuts,cams.hexs as much range as you can 5 or 6 alpine quick draws made out of 60cm dineema sling, 4m dineema sling,3-4 screw gates and some wire gate snap links all light weight, 23 pittons
2.1 snow stake 2-4 ice screws
3.cooker with one of those small bottles and a small cup size pot
4 food,frezdry for dinner salami and cheese for lunch protien bars for breaky,lollies
5.gore-tex pants jaket,thermals none extra,socks 1 or 2 pairs light warm gloves +gore-tex mits warm hat.warm mid layer
6.60meters of 8.9mm rope
7.crampons+ice axe's
8. space bag bivy bag
9. light weight first aid kit and repair kit
10, light weight harness and FULL shanked boots/mostly wearing these things, as use a light weight 25L OR pack some times strap crampons onto harness wearing helmit+headtorch

A little better with the comprehensibility. That sounds like a day pack with emergency bivy gear. Have you slept with the space bag and bivy in cold weather? I'd imagine you would freeze in anything but good weather conditions and moderate temperatures. Unless you wear the harness with all the rock/snow/ice pro on it, you don't stand a chance of getting that in a 25L pack. I'm interested to know what you've climbed and when and in what conditions you've actually bivied with this setup.

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:59 am

I apologize for my previous use of the F bomb. I was drunk at the time, not that it makes it ok.

The following user would like to thank ExcitableBoy for this post
JJBrunner

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:00 am

First clicked on this thread today and found out mattski's a fag.

Sucking dongs at night to keep warm.

sorry. I've had a drink too.

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:33 am

mrchad9 wrote:First clicked on this thread today and found out mattski's a fag.

Where do you get that from? Scary. Dinner next week in the mountains is not happening. The right wing wacko I am, doesn't see what you see in this post. Have another! :P :P

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:45 am

Neophiteat48 wrote:

Where do you get that from? Scary. Dinner next week in the mountains is not happening. The right wing wacko I am, doesn't see what you see in this post. Have another! :P :P

Damnit Troy. Obviously I was not being factual, just pointing out that mattski is not someone folks should waste too much time on unless they are really really bored. Fucking Kiwi can't even speak English for god's sake.

You will say and do anything to get out of a day in the mountains.

In vino veritas

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:48 am

mrchad9 wrote:
Neophiteat48 wrote:

Damnit Troy. Obviously I was not being factual, just pointing out that mattski is not someone folks should waste too much time on unless they are really really bored. Fucking kiwi can't even speak English for god's sake.

You will say and do anything to get out of a day in the mountains.

In vino veritas

A little sensitive aren't you? I'm going next weekend!! MY wife in all honesty is taking out more life insurance for accidental death. She' s crazy though. What's the Latin translate too?

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 am

Neophiteat48 wrote:A little sensitive aren't you? I'm going next weekend!! MY wife in all honesty is taking out more life insurance for accidental death. She' s crazy though. What's the Latin translate too?

It means... when some dude has been drinking that is when he will be honest with you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vino_veritas

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:02 am

mattski wrote:are all americans as dumb as you chad? lol wow thats a bit of a gay boy name isint it

Maybe you are a fag. Only a daily dosage of protein from your uncle/family friend could be a valid excuse for your complete lack of cognitive reasoning.

Try this gaylord...
mattski wrote:Are all Americans as dumb as you Chad? lol. Wow! That's a bit of a gay boy name isn't it? I am a fag too.

PreviousNext

Return to Gear