UT Peak suggestions - SLC area

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.
Luciano136

UT Peak suggestions - SLC area

by Luciano136 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:54 pm

I once posted this question a few years ago but it disappeared with the new forum upgrade I believe.

Anyway, looking for some good peak suggestions for this time of the year. I understand there will be some snow already, which is fine. Looking for some day outings or maybe an overnighter if the peak is worth it. Probably looking to go light without rope, so class 3ish max, a very short section of easy 5th class should be ok as well. Snow ok.

I might potentially spend 4-5 days in the area.

Thanks for your suggestions :) !

Travis Atwood

Re: UT Peak suggestions - SLC area

by Travis Atwood » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:49 pm

Mt. Timpanogos, White Baldy, Pfeifferhorn, Broads Fork Twins, and Lone Peak would all give you a nice taste of the area.

no avatar
Dan Shorb

Re: UT Peak suggestions - SLC area

by Dan Shorb » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:52 am

If you have not done it the South Ridge of Superior fits your description excellently. Start right from Snowbird and very straight forward ascent and descent. If I had half day/full day in SLC, thats what I would do.

or
the Triple Traverse

For overnight, I would do the Alpine Ridge from Devil's Castle to Bell's Canyon or Lone Peak. Hitching a ride is super easy. I've done that a few times.

or you could try going up and down Olympus 5x's in one day...cuz it's less than 6x's.
我不知道杰克

Return to Utah