What's New in CALIFORNIA

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
mrchad9

Re: What's New in CALIFORNIA

by mrchad9 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:33 am

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:59 am

Yep, Marcsoltan has been busy and producing informative and beautiful pages! Good man.

His revisions and updates to the Alabama Hills is welcoming too. Thanks to his "restructuring", I was able to add a NEW area in A-Hills that the late Brutus Of Wyde, Em Holland and myself developed in the winter of 2009 called 'The Penguins'

http://www.summitpost.org/the-penguins/681917
"All you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be."
~ David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

The following user would like to thank Dave Daly for this post
John Duffield

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:43 pm

I created a page for the south ridge of Funeral Peak, in Death Valley NP.

Not a difficult route, but an alternative option that folks might not otherwise consider versus the standard route. Both scenic and remote.

http://www.summitpost.org/south-ridge-f ... ley/682155

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Another nice page by Marc in Los Padres National Forest...

http://www.summitpost.org/orangahang-5-7/682418

and one in Joshua Tree
http://www.summitpost.org/hall-of-horro ... ace/681737

SoCalHiker, you put up an excellent page, but if you post in the forums you have to put it here yourself!

SoCalHiker

by SoCalHiker » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:05 pm

mrchad9 wrote:...SoCalHiker, you put up an excellent page, but if you post in the forums you have to put it here yourself!

:o ok, ok, I thought you might do that for me on your way to elfdom :D you know as part of a long-running campaign to entice potential voters

but I guess not, have to check out the other candidates...

here you go, small peak, but a very nice quick get-away from the hussle

http://www.summitpost.org/temescal-peak/682175

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:08 pm

:lol:

I'm not holding my breath!

Hyadventure

by Hyadventure » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 am

I just recreated the St. Jean Couloir page of Split Mountain (CA).

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=679529&confirm_post=7

The page had been deleted?

I also recently revamped the Starlight Buttress Route on Starlight Peak (CA)

http://www.summitpost.org/starlight-buttress/156996

Next I'll be working on revamping the Traverse from Mt. Sill to S.E. Ridge route on Polemonium.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:40 am

Great work Hyadventure. I noticed on your Starlight Page, which has especially good content btw, the layout of the pictures causes one line of text to show above the photo. If you would like to clean this up a bit, just put the text on a new line, rather than right after the photo.

Like this...
Code: Select all
[img:682153:alignleft:small:South Ridge Approach]
From the trailhead drop down into... blah blah blah

instead of this...
Code: Select all
[img:682153:alignleft:small:South Ridge Approach]From the trailhead drop down into... blah blah blah

no avatar
KathyW

by KathyW » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:45 pm

I deleted Mount Bago, Mount Rixford, Mount Pickering, and Pilot Knob in the Sierra - I'm not sure if I had pages on any other Sierra Peaks.

I deleted Tin Mountain, Dry Mountain, Canyon Point, Black Butte, Orocopia, Eagle (JT), and a few other desert peaks.

I deleted some other mountains in California too, but I'm getting old and can't remember the rest of the mountain pages I deleted (I probably had about 20 mountain pages); so there are some re-openings for those who are willing to create and maintain California mountain pages. I liked creating them, but I never was interested in maintaining the ones I created and you have to be willing to do both.

SoCalHiker

by SoCalHiker » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:11 pm

KathyW wrote:I deleted Mount Bago, Mount Rixford, Mount Pickering, and Pilot Knob in the Sierra - I'm not sure if I had pages on any other Sierra Peaks.

I deleted Tin Mountain, Dry Mountain, Canyon Point, Black Butte, Orocopia, Eagle (JT), and a few other desert peaks.

I deleted some other mountains in California too, but I'm getting old and can't remember the rest of the mountain pages I deleted (I probably had about 20 mountain pages); so there are some re-openings for those who are willing to create and maintain California mountain pages. I liked creating them, but I never was interested in maintaining the ones I created and you have to be willing to do both.

And why did you not just try to transfer ownership to somebody, who knows and is interested in these peaks instead of outright delete them?

no avatar
KathyW

by KathyW » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:16 am

SoCalHiker wrote:
KathyW wrote:I deleted Mount Bago, Mount Rixford, Mount Pickering, and Pilot Knob in the Sierra - I'm not sure if I had pages on any other Sierra Peaks.

And why did you not just try to transfer ownership to somebody, who knows and is interested in these peaks instead of outright delete them?

I didn't want to transfer them - I figured someone else who has been up those mountains could probably do a better job starting from scratch with their own information than by taking what I had.

bechtt

by bechtt » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:39 am

KathyW wrote:
SoCalHiker wrote:

I didn't want to transfer them - I figured someone else who has been up those mountains could probably do a better job starting from scratch with their own information than by taking what I had.

Kathy,

I debated the same thing when I took over the Table Mountain page (Great Western Divide) but then decided to just rebuild it as I didn't want to orphan anyone's contribution or mess with the summit log.

SoCalHiker

by SoCalHiker » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:22 am

bechtt wrote:I debated the same thing when I took over the Table Mountain page (Great Western Divide) but then decided to just rebuild it as I didn't want to orphan anyone's contribution or mess with the summit log.

But that's exactly my point. I am sure there were some photos of other SPers attached to the mountain pages. And people signed the summit logs. It's a whole less mess if you transfer rather than delete them.

Daria

by Daria » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:34 am

Vitaliy M wrote:
Hyadventure wrote:I just recreated the St. Jean Couloir page of Split Mountain (CA).

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=679529&confirm_post=7

The page had been deleted?

I also recently revamped the Starlight Buttress Route on Starlight Peak (CA)

http://www.summitpost.org/starlight-buttress/156996

Next I'll be working on revamping the Traverse from Mt. Sill to S.E. Ridge route on Polemonium.

Thank you for that, very useful info!

After 7 attempts just to get Polemonium, you better believe hes going to have some good beta :P
I'm the top troll.

Brian Kalet

by Brian Kalet » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:38 pm

I updated my Avalanche Gulch page.

PreviousNext

Return to California