Recommendation for easy winter ascends?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Bartjuh

Recommendation for easy winter ascends?

by Bartjuh » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:24 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking for an easy ascend next weekend. With easy I mean very low avalanche danger & PD-like difficulty (we will take avalanche equipment with us). I am thinking about something like the Muttenhorn (Furkapass). It would be great if it's a locating where there are two easy climbs nearby so we could do both in two days (starting from the same campsite). I was also thinking about the Vosges but as there is thaw around 900m we're probably not far enough into the season to really enjoy the Vosges.

Does anyone have any suggestion? Preferably easy climbs on the North side of the (pre-)alps (as we will be travelling from Belgium).

Thanks a lot!

Gabriele Roth

Re: Recommendation for easy winter ascends?

by Gabriele Roth » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Foisc
this is always safe and not too tiring ...

WouterB

by WouterB » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:41 am

Good choice. Not too high and the drive there from Belgium is only about 8 hours if you don't encounter too much snow.
@ Gabriele, I'll be living in the Tessin as of the new year, so if you're ever short of a climbing partner, give me a pm. Would be nice to meet some people who already know the region.

Bartjuh

by Bartjuh » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Thanks for the tips guys!

Return to Europe