Time for Bob Shiler to go away.

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
T Sharp

Re: Time for Bob Shiler to go away.

by T Sharp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:47 am

Guyzo wrote:
(I have a hard time expressing my point while writing, my wife, a english teacher has been working on me for years to improve)

This is sad, because the topic of the thread, was getting close to the core of why we climb. Understanding "why" is important to me. It is something I wish to explore with other climbers.

Guy Keesee

Hey Guy;
I think your above quote really gets at the heart of the matter, and I can certainly relate to your sentiment.
If I might make a suggestion...take the best of what was in that thread, and put it in an article...the topic interests me also, and I have written candidly on this site about why I climb, then
many in this community joined in the conversation in the comments section following my articles. Some of the comments were a bit off base, but generally speaking, the ensuing conversations
were fascinating, and insightful.
One of the huge advantages I found with this approach, is that I had time to consider well my comments and statements, I have even asked other members [Bob Sihler, amongst others]
to edit my articles prior to publishing.
Also, the people who commented on my writings had taken the time to read, and consider my thoughts, and their input was heartfelt.

Cheers

One thing I can say for certain about Bob Sihler {whom I respect immensely}, is that his contributions and actions that I have witnessed on this site have been exemplary, and I wish to give him a very
hearty "Well Done Sir", along with a big "Thank You" for taking on the difficult job of "elf".

The following user would like to thank T Sharp for this post
Mountainjeff, mvs, yatsek

OJ Loenneker

by OJ Loenneker » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:57 am

Wow, you guys need a hobby, or something. You should try going for a hike once in a while. It can clear up the mind...

Lolli

by Lolli » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 am

Two of the elves has birthday today!!

I think you all do a great job.
I think it takes a very balanced person to be able to do it.
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:47 pm

"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

Rob

by Rob » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:19 pm

The Chief wrote:I say make you, Guy, a "Moderator" and let's see what ya got.

$10.00 says that you will do as much if not more "Moderating" of threads, as any "Elf" dude has done in a far shorter time frame.

Guess what....Guyzo IS already a moderator! Check-out "The Team" page...the-team.html

:D :) :shock: :?

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Rob wrote:
The Chief wrote:I say make you, Guy, a "Moderator" and let's see what ya got.

$10.00 says that you will do as much if not more "Moderating" of threads, as any "Elf" dude has done in a far shorter time frame.

Guess what....Guyzo IS already a moderator! Check-out "The Team" page...the-team.html

:D :) :shock: :?

OK.... allow me to be more specific for you Rob.

Have Guy join the "Administrator's" and assist in the ongoing moderation of the ENTIRE website and not just one forum.

SoCalHiker

by SoCalHiker » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:21 pm

The Chief wrote:
Daria wrote:....

WHAT?

.... thought the same. But I am sure the choice of words was all on purpose to indicate the "inferiority" of the male readership, along the general theme of all her posts

JasonH

by JasonH » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:03 pm

I vote for Bob staying. And that's all I have to say about that.
I have a demon in me - Stu

The following user would like to thank JasonH for this post
Arthur Digbee

Daria

by Daria » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:50 pm

SoCalHiker wrote:
The Chief wrote:
Daria wrote:....

WHAT?

.... thought the same. But I am sure the choice of words was all on purpose to indicate the "inferiority" of the male readership, along the general theme of all her posts

No, but I'll translate my idea into a more dumbed down version when I have time.
I'm the top troll.

mrh

by mrh » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:50 pm

charles wrote:Somehow I´m glad Guy has put this up for discussion for I have to admit I´ve been somewhat confused lately by some moderation, whether it be thread cutting or rules of behaviour and engagement that, to me, seem ambiguous.

But you have always been a major trouble maker. :wink:

Lolli

by Lolli » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:Lolli-- Because of the nature of it, this thread is receiving extremely limited moderation. Yesterday, I personally asked the other elves to do any and all moderation so that there would be no appearance of my trying to control the topic in my favor. I did delete a vulgar attack post by an off-site troll, but that's the only kind of intervention I'll do here-- no editing or deleting legitimate members' posts. What the others do is entirely up to them.

I understand your feelings about it.
Problem with that is that he counts on that too. He's taking advantage of the fact.
The right thing is to not accept it.

His modus operandi is to repeat a lie over and over again, until some starts to believe it - in this case that tazz and I (or whoever he dislikes) would be treated favourable by the elves and get away with things, and that people who are banned are not because of their own actions, but because the elves have turned the evil eye on those members.
That is a lie. Elves know it, I and tazz knows it, and most members knows it.
But it's repeated over and over again, all the same.

It's not the first time I start reading a thread and find a lot of statements and opinions about myself and what I supposedly have done or not done - subjects which I have not been involved in, haven't voiced an opinion, haven't participated in the thread - and elves are not innocent when it comes to that either. Last time it happened I was threatened with being banned too - about a subject I never have been involved in, a made up accusation. Still pisses me off.

I play nice.
But considered provocative anyway.
Maybe there is no point in being nice?

The other way for me to go, is to accept that it's ok behaviour, stop complaining about it, and start doing the same myself.

I have nothing to lose, all my pages are taken care of.
I might as well start working on getting those puny whiny little creeps to cry for mama.
Can't be very difficult, most of them are spineless and stupid anyway.
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!

no avatar
Husker

by Husker » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:17 am

There appears to be a lot of paranoia and self righteousness in the last two posts, unless you consider "he" as a gang of one....but "creeps" suggests more than one...a conspiracy?

And doesn't "Fuck that. Act like ladies and gentlemen." Sound a little "holier than thou"" ish, or "Do as I say not as I do" ish?

The following user would like to thank Husker for this post
mrchad9

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:06 am

Maybe Bob, these people that want you to go away mean here?

The following user would like to thank Marmaduke for this post
JasonH

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:13 am

That's the best beach photo you could find?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:01 am

If people don't like to be moderated, then they should quit doing things that need moderating.

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
Arthur Digbee, Joe White, MoapaPk, mvs

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback