Climbing Documentary!

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
bdizzle

Climbing Documentary!

by bdizzle » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:34 am

IMPORTANT Edit- Hey so if anybody is interested in fallowing this add us on facebook :) we would love feedback! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Raw-Mount ... 5156970411

Hey guys my name is Bradley Green, im 18 and am going to college at Bellevue College in Washington. Where im getting my business and video production degrees. I have just recently had a great idea! I have a love and passion for climbing, but i have seen that not many young kids in my generation have that same passion. I have talked with many young climbers but us young climbers are definitely the minority. Most of my generation is stuck behind the computer and xbox. Now i know i am guilty of that to but i have realized that the world we live in is a lot more interesting then any video game could ever be. And i want to show kids that.

So i have decided to do a documentary on a 2 week climbing trip i have planned for this summer. Me and a buddy are going to climb- Mt. Shasta, Mt. Whitney and the South Sister in the shortest amount of days possible! I plan on filming the whole trip to show people the beauty of the mountains. But also i want to get interviews from local climbers, big and small name people. I plan on trying to contact people that are world known and people that are weekend hikers, to tell there story and why they do what they do.

This is months away, but i am looking forward to this! I want to spread my love of this great sport with people. When the time comes i will be asking some of you guys if you could help me (interviews, climbing with us, maybe even funds...etc). I hope you guys can get excited with me on this because this is a big deal!

Thank you for your time, and happy climbing :)

Bradley Green

EDIT- If i could get email or phone number (or both) of everyone interested in helping support this, weather its interviews, funds, etc...msg me with your info! im puting together a list of people to contact when filming starts! thanks for your support!

Edit- Hey so if anybody is interested in fallowing this add us on facebook :) we would love feedback! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Raw-Mount ... 5156970411
Last edited by bdizzle on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marmaduke

Re: Climbing Documentary!

by Marmaduke » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:02 am

My only suggestion would be to NOT try to climb these mountains in the shortest time possible. I am defintely not one you'd want to interview, I haven't climbed much of anything yet. But what I've seen from SPers on this site, making it a race isn't part of their agendas. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my take. I hope some of these guys help you & your project though, sounds very cool.

bdizzle

by bdizzle » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:25 pm

sweet thank you! i will definitely contact him!! And maybe making it a race is not something that a lot of people do but its something we really want to try to do! most likly it will take 9-11 days cause of driving! Were not trying to break records or anything just want to see what we can do. This trip was planned long before i decided to do this so the trip os staying haha :)

Thanks the help so far guys!

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Hey bdizzle, I see you are attending Northgate State, or that's what we called it in High School. I have a couple of friends with whom I have climbed since they were 13 and 15 years old. One is now traveling the world making a skiing film and the other is one of the best alpinists in America. Their names are Aidan and Colin Haley and I am sure they would be happy to chat with you. I think they would be interesting folks to talk too because of Aidan's film making experience and they have bone done some really amazing climbs. They can also give you some perspective on being a young climber.I dunno about interviews since they are usually in some far flung location but I would be happy to make an introduction and tell them about the project you are working on.

Also, I live in Issaquah, just a short drive from Bellevue College. I'd be happy to do some climbing with you guys sometime. Do you climb at Index often? You list your home town as Sultan, just a short ways from there.

If you are interested send me a PM or email me at bighurtbob@hotmail.com.

Take care,

EB

The following user would like to thank ExcitableBoy for this post
Joe White

bdizzle

by bdizzle » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:11 pm

sweet thanks! when the time comes i would love to talk to them even a phone interview would be great! and also this is my first BIG project so any advise and insight would be awesome! yeah i plan on doing a lot of climbing in the wildsky area! my schedule is packed right now with school and work but we should definitely climb sometime! Im always looking for someone to go with! thanks again!

bdizzle

by bdizzle » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks Peladoboton!! i will definitely contact you!

bdizzle

by bdizzle » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Twoshuzz- yeah ill let you know we will be there, thanks for your support!

Vitaliy M- What i mean for "as fast as we can" is more with the driving im planning are giving 6 days for climbing (2 days a mountain) but with the driving we plan on just sleeping in the car and switching drivers so we can drive straight without stopping!

aedwards

by aedwards » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 pm

peladoboton wrote:utilize facebook. i added conrad anker and a whole bunch of famous climbing folks this last year, and while preparing for my alaska trip i was AMAZED at how willing folks like that were to email and even chat about projects and lines we were considering.

jay kerr (SP handle alpinista61) would be an AWESOME resource and person to interview. he was/is a classic cascade climber who pulled off one of the biggest romps through denali natl park ever recorded and is one of my personal heros. he PM'd me here on this site at length about the stuff we were planning on climbing (and he had this awesome "go for the gold, man!!!" attitude about it).

check his stuff out:
http://www.supertopo.com/tr/West-Fork-Ruth-Glacier-Mt-Huntington-East-Ridge/t10480n.html

pretty gnarly, huh?

Awesome TR!

Good luck on the project bdizzle.

bdizzle

by bdizzle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:04 am

Thank you! yeah i will definitely use facebook to my advantage!!

bdizzle

by bdizzle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:36 pm

If i could get email or phone number (or both) of everyone interested in helping support this, weather its interviews, funds, etc...msg me with your info! im puting together a list of people to contact when filming starts! thanks for your support!

AdamsKerr

by AdamsKerr » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:17 am

great idea!

ill ask around and see if i can help somehow.

Im guilty of substantial xbox time myself. (still managing to make my way to broad peak at 21 though :D)

*Cough gamertag: RR3K cough*

bdizzle

by bdizzle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:59 am

haha im guilty of it to! but as long as its not your whole life its all good :) Thanks :)

bdizzle

by bdizzle » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:20 am

Hey so if anybody is interested in fallowing this add us on facebook :) we would love feedback! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Raw-Mount ... 5156970411

Next

Return to General