Site Connectivity Issues

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
mrchad9

Site Connectivity Issues

by mrchad9 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Mods why do you keep deleting my post on a legitimate site connectivity problem? And keep doing so without an explanation. This is a real issue that likely affects multiple people including folks who my be interested in the site and not even members yet. There is no reason that hotel IPs need to be banned, and as a result people get a page filled 100% with advertising.

I will keep asking until there is an answer or the connectivity issue is resolved. Ban me if you want.

no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

Re: Site Connectivity Issues

by Dave K » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:40 pm

anita wrote:why don't you just message them?

Bingo.

I don't know why your post was deleted, but obviously there was something troubling to one of the Elves about posting it publicly. Send a PM.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Chad, I didn't delete or move your post, but I did see it, and since you addressed it to Matt, maybe you should send him a PM. That's not a guarantee, of course, that he'll answer; I can't speak for him.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 pm

I thought the whole purpose of the Site Feedback forum was to communicate any issues or suggestions publicly, and as a result if others were affected or had input they could be included in the resolution.

I addressed it to Matt because I assumed he might be able to resolve it, but it is very unclear to me what the various responsibilities and roles of each of the elves are so I posted it here so that it could be addressed by anyone. It is difficult for me to imagine what might be troubling about it, otherwise I would not have proceeded to repost it after it was randomly deleted.

If the desire is for these types of items to be done in PM only then perhaps the Site Feedback forum should be removed in its entirety.

no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

by Dave K » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Many issues are best resolved quietly.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 pm

Yes, I sent a PM. If there is a need for secrecy then I just do not have enough of this puzzle to understand what is going on. I can't really keep a secret if I don't know what that secret is.

Not sure which remarks you are referring to. If it is snide remarks about posts being deleted without explanation, well, we will just have to accept that we have different viewpoints on that.

Return to Site Feedback