Make a "favorite" / "to do" button?

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Ze

Make a "favorite" / "to do" button?

by Ze » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Not sure if this has been suggested already (or I just am missing it), but it would be great to have an option to "favorite" a specific page (mountain, route, etc..) that then goes to a list you can look at later.

The following user would like to thank Ze for this post
Josh Lewis, SawtoothSean

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

Re: Make a "favorite" / "to do" button?

by Bob Sihler » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:42 pm

People can pretty easily make a list of favorite pages, with links, on their profile pages (or just bookmark them).

You can also create your own list page with links to favorites.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

mrh

by mrh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Now I don't want to knock anyones ideas as different things are important to different people. But there seems to be a fairly constant flow of "Gee Matt, can we have this or can we have that. What about this?" Most of them really are things we can live without. How about letting Matt spend his limited work time focusing on improving the big problems such as the database fix that will allow the site to run faster? I'm just suggesting we simply not make his "list" longer while these more significant things are hanging out there.

The following user would like to thank mrh for this post
Bob Sihler, kamil

MarkDidier

by MarkDidier » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Ze wrote:Not sure if this has been suggested already (or I just am missing it), but it would be great to have an option to "favorite" a specific page (mountain, route, etc..) that then goes to a list you can look at later.

I just made a Custom Object - for links I visit frequently. It saves me quite a few searches and mouse clicks. I can update it pretty easily and its one easy click away on my profile page. I'm sure there is some techy way to do this better, but it works for now.

http://www.summitpost.org/trip-planning-stash/697539

The following user would like to thank MarkDidier for this post
Bob Sihler

Ze

by Ze » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:01 am

thanks yeah one can certainly copy urls and make a list, but would certainly be easier to click a button :)

as for even making the suggestion - it is a "site feedback" forum. Agreed that I'd rather have the site actually load more quickly than anything else.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:39 am

Agreed, a favorite's list would be a cool addition to sp. 8) Sure there's ol fashion linking, but I'll bet you would see more people having favorites lists which would make sp funner in my opinion. :) But true, speed comes first.

Return to Site Feedback