Adirondacks/ Lake Placid

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
soad

Adirondacks/ Lake Placid

by soad » Sun May 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Hey guys, the family and I will be visiting the Adirondacks for the first time in mid-May. This is more of a leisure/relaxing vacation but I would like to get a short trail run or two in while I'm there. Does anyone have a good suggestion of a good trail run trail near Lake Placid? The plan is to do 4-6 miles. thanks!

Bark Eater

Re: Adirondacks/ Lake Placid

by Bark Eater » Sat May 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Try some of the ski trails and fire roads around Mount Van Hoevenberg. Only problem is that in mid-May I bet the woods are going to be really wet...they don't call it mud season for nothin' :-)

If you can make it over to St. Huberts run in the Ausable Lakes Road. (dirt and closed to traffic) It's quite beautiful.

PackLightPaul

Re: Adirondacks/ Lake Placid

by PackLightPaul » Thu May 12, 2011 1:33 am

I see a ton of people running from the ADK lodge to Marcy dam all year around. Worth a shot easy hike with the fam too. Oh and you have to eat at The Noonemark Diner in Keene valley up the road. Homemade pies to go, cant beat it.

The following user would like to thank PackLightPaul for this post
Luc

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)