Tuolumne Trollz!!!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
no avatar
Skateboards2Scrapers

Re: Tuolumne Trollz!!!

by Skateboards2Scrapers » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:08 pm

lookz like some of u guys could use this:

The following user would like to thank Skateboards2Scrapers for this post
CSUMarmot, granjero

epicclimb

by epicclimb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:40 pm

wow, lots of rage on here. it is this type of 'self-entitlement' that makes me despise the general population. obviously the CLIMBERS get it. whod have thought. like steve said, nothing sucks more than training (DO ANY OF YOU PEAKBAGGERS TRAIN?!?!?! Nooooo because you cant accept that classic testpieces deserve respect earned by hours of practice.))) and getting pumped for a spicy lead only to sit an wait for those who did not put in the effort required to climb with steeze.

honor the mountains with respect they deserve. crags are for settinup systems to show up and move the way the alpine desires.

if u live furhter away, TRAIN HARDER. if u suck, work to improve. everyone can climb 512. being efficient in how you move over rock will open new worldz of climbing. if u dont beleive me, i'm sorry. :cry:

i dont understand why peakbaggers cant understand a simple concept of moving efficiently in technical terrain. wel 7 summitz bs is a good indicator i suppose.

its not 5.8 with options. its not a 3rd class classic. its a quality climb at a moderate but challenging grade. 11d R is moderate to more than a few but not me LOL, go learn about houldings new route the prophet.

if u have any internetz prowess or graphic design skills, u can find the picture is in fact legit. rock creek area actually, but most of u are stuck on the low angle so cal cat track runs and we are backflipping over u. sorry. all i can say is i put my time in to get good at what i do and you owe it to yourself to do the same with whatever your high may be. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:12 pm

epicclimb wrote:honor the mountains with respect they deserve.

Last time I was on a mountain I took a dump on it.

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:27 pm

x15x15 wrote:i was here first so fuck you mentality is alive and well on this board, NICE...

i bet these same hikers don't pull over when holding up cars on the road... these same peak baggers probably sit in the left lane on the freeway going the same speed as the slow pokes in the right lane... they probably even take candy from babies... they may even moderate a forum or two... who knows...

Did you even read the 'rant?' OP was talking about the CLIMBERS on those classic routes. He is not talking about peak-baggers. Unless your average peak bagger leads 5.10d (rating of OZ). Have no idea WHY people on this thread call it 'peak bagger' mentality. I would call it a 'being a dickhead.' Climbers and peak baggers could all be dickheads.

On the other hand time for own rant.....
....me and my two 'peak bagging' friends were 'hiking' Third Pillar of Dana this weekend (as a team of 3). We started 2 pitches behind a 2 person party and finished about 2 pitches behind them. After I finished 1st P and belayed my friends up we noticed a 2 person party descending towards the climb. Later on, when we were finishing 4th pitch one of them barked something about going around us while his partner was finishing 3rd. We shrugged and never heard them till my friend heard them asking for help when he was halfway up the last pitch. As he finished he told us about the situation (at this point our climb was done). We were able to communicate with those 'climbers' (one of them topped 4th pitch and follower was getting ready to 'jug' (LOL is that how you climbers climb these days?) up towards him well bellow. At first one of them said his friend has hypothermia and asked us to fix a line for them (in an ordering manner), later on he said his friend is 'tired, cold, and out of energy.' They had one headlamp, no emergency bivy gear, no cell phone, BUT they did look like some tools out of those climbing magazine commercials. By the time we made an anchor and fixed the rope for them it was already dark. Took about an hour of throws for the rope to finally hit their exact spot. This time these climbers were lucky some 'peak baggers' saved their unprepared sorry asses from an unplanned bivy with insufficient gear. Not sure why you (x15x15) have this sense that climbers are all perfect beings, but I will disagree with you. Maybe the gyms ruined your Aryan race, and produced a generation of ignorant dickheads that think they could come in straight to the mountains and do any route. I mean everyone has a supertopo guidebook and all, but seems like the common mountain sense is absent from many individuals. I am sure these guys will have a facebook album about EPIC ON THIRD PILLAR though. So please all you climbers that do not already know this…Be prepared when you get out, do not get on a significant route in the afternoon when you have to do route finding, BE PREPARED TO SAVE YOUR OWN ASS, have enough food and water so you do not ‘run out of energy or get hypothermia’ 2 pitches up the frigging climb, remember that you are not Ueli Steck/don’t get over confident. I am not posting this rant to embarrass these individuals, but want to share it as an example from which hopefully someone can learn, in order to avoid these events.
All of us (people that like to spent time outdoors...climbers AND hikers) should remember safety is 1st, to be self sufficient, and respect others in the wilderness..same way we want to be respected. Do not carry yourself as if you are better than all others (even if you climbed some 5.11 on trad 25 years ago, or are able to do a 15,000ft in a day), it doesn't ever help.

The following user would like to thank Vitaliy M. for this post
AceSierra, H2SO4, Skateboards2Scrapers, Trawinski

fatdad

by fatdad » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:28 pm

mrchad9 wrote:

Classy. Way to take the high road there.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:40 pm

fatdad wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:

Do you prefer to hold it fatdad?

Deb

by Deb » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:20 am

mrchad9 wrote:
fatdad wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:

I crapped on Mt. Williamson this weekend. That bitch DESERVED it!

The following user would like to thank Deb for this post
Vitaliy M.

CSUMarmot

by CSUMarmot » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:23 am

Deb wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:
fatdad wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:

I crapped on Mt. Williamson this weekend. That bitch DESERVED it!

This morning I pissed all over someones week old dried dump. Just doing my part for LNT.
Dammit kid get off mah lawn!!!
NoCo Chris

no avatar
Skateboards2Scrapers

by Skateboards2Scrapers » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:01 am

whoa, vitaliy - there were people actually jugging on third pillar???? people should not get on the rute if they arnt competent, omg

no avatar
mconnell

by mconnell » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:49 am

The OP is the Trollz.

no avatar
fogey

by fogey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:32 am

Whoever it was that triggered the OP's rant, they weren't peakbaggers. A peakbagger is someone whose main goal is to reach the top of a mountain--not someone who spends 2 hours on one pitch of a 10d climb that's not necessary to get to the top of a mountain. That someone is doing the 10d for the sake of the climbing--maybe not an efficient or considerate climber, but a climber. The combination of ability to handle the route but spending an eternity setting up a belay maybe suggests a gym climber . . .

The following user would like to thank fogey for this post
Vitaliy M.

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:11 am

Skateboards2Scrapers wrote:whoa, vitaliy - there were people actually jugging on third pillar???? people should not get on the rute if they arnt competent, omg

Yes. According to them they needed it because one of them was at first 'hypothermic,' than he was 'tired, cold, and hungry.' The way they asked us was what annoyed me, it was more of an order than a cry for help. BUT, they did get a lot nicer when we asked if they had bivy gear :lol:
I think all outdoorsy people have to be sufficient, not need a rescue, get your own ass out of trouble (especially if you need help because you are tired OR HUNGRY!), be well prepared...for hells sake it's 3rd pillar! How in the world would you want to jug up the last pitch (arguably the best pitch in Sierra!).

And I agree, epicclimb should post his thoughts even if it stirs shit up. I would rather have a meaningful discussion about climbing, than look at 20 some threads about different trailheads in CA or other random garbage people post.

Deb

by Deb » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Scraper and epic are the same troll.

The following user would like to thank Deb for this post
mrchad9

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Deb is good at this...

x15x15

by x15x15 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:56 pm

vitaliy m wrote:
Not sure why you (x15x15) have this sense that climbers are all perfect beings

only climbers. folks in the gym, cant call them clim... cl... just plastic pullers. i also struggle with the sport clim... sport cli... just cant say those two words in the same sentence. but yeah, climbers are about as close to perfect as it gets... yeah, i know, still plenty of room for improvement.

and it does not sound like there were ANY CLIMBERS in the 3rd Pillar rant. and no way in heck is that last pitch arguably the best in the Sierra... no way jose...

and just because some hacks get up a climb, that does not make them a climber... SHeeeeeeeeeSH!!!!!!!d, or else I guess I can call myself a doctor! I did successfully suture a bad, bad, BAD cut one time on a climb...

PreviousNext

Return to California