Dusy Basin

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
no avatar
dmjette

Re: Dusy Basin

by dmjette » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:08 am

Thank you for your feedback 3Deserts. Sounds much more encouraging now, especially with the time gone by since your trip. I just took a ride to Lone Pine to get permits today and then came back home. It was clouding up nicely. You could see it was raining in areas, and I even got hit with a few sprinkles. Oh that mother nature; she has a mind of her own. The outdoors is always an adventure. Thanks, again!

peterh

by peterh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:43 am

The following user would like to thank peterh for this post
inconsolable

ROL

by ROL » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:38 am

Oddly enough, there was no "color" there when I last visited, only light. :wink:

Afternoon Light, Dusy Basin

Palisades, Dusy Basin

The following user would like to thank ROL for this post
Deb, inconsolable

no avatar
dmjette

by dmjette » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:39 pm

My gosh, Dusy Basin is an incredibly beautiful place. We didn't have enough time to explore the basin itself. Nothing like reaching the pass to be greeted by a thunderous roar directly above, followed by stinging hail and then rain, and the ending grand finale - a beautiful rainbow shooting into the sky. The water was spectacular and the colors were just amazing (so much green and the flowers are just beginning to dazzle). Easy hiking, no one there - we had the basin to ourselves (so it seemed, because hikers appeared to just be passing through). Yes, a truly amazing place. It was a crazy weather weekend, however, but it just added to our mini adventure. Oh, and let's not forget our friendly mosquitoes...oh yes, they, too, are entering into full bloom. Almost mosquito net worthy, but the crazy weather kept them slightly under control.

Previous

Return to California