Summit Climb Looking for Experiences, knowledge, or opinions

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
8kclimber

Summit Climb Looking for Experiences, knowledge, or opinions

by 8kclimber » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Summit Climb: I'm looking for personal knowledge, experiences, or what you may have heard or know about the company Summit Climb. I see there trips are about half price of that of other International Climbing companies and when I ask why I was told "because others simply profit too much". So I'm reaching out to all of you to see what you may be able to enlighten me. Feel free to send me a pm or email to allen(at)livinginswflorida(dot)com.

Vitaliy M.

Re: Summit Climb Looking for Experiences, knowledge, or opin

by Vitaliy M. » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:02 pm

You should know that if you are a true 8K climber, no?

Good trip report from SP....

http://www.summitpost.org/surviving-eve ... one/610107

Bruno

by Bruno » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:20 am

I've no idea about Summitclimb, but I would rather recommend you to go with an experienced Nepali company (if it is to Nepal that you are going), rather than a foreign one.

All the foreign companies operating in Nepal do rely on Nepali agencies, and some of these agencies have a huge experience in providing logistics services to non-commercial "self-organised" expeditions, foreing-based commercial expeditions, as well as organising their own commercial expeditions.

By chosing a good one, you can basically save haf of the cost, and get pretty much the same as what you would get with an international company in terms of services, safety, weather forecast, material, etc. And most of your money will be reinjected into the local economy.

AdamsKerr

by AdamsKerr » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:11 am

I have friends who have used summit climb before. while Dan is a super cool guy... the food isn't the best. thats all i can really offer

Diver

by Diver » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:50 pm

i went to North Col of Everest with them last year. Overall I had good experience and if i were to go again, I would probably go with them.

Return to General