Found: GoPro Helmet Camera

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
seanh

Found: GoPro Helmet Camera

by seanh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Ultimate booty day on Saturday, not only found a .75 C4, but found a GoPro camera on the same route! Keeping the cam of course, but going to do my best to return the camera to its owner.

I found the camera on a route East of Cathedral Peak and West of US 395. If it's yours, drop me a line with where you lost it and we'll work out a return (sorry, only being ambiguous because it's quite expensive and I'd rather not just mail it to the first person that says, "Yeah, I lost a $300 camera, here's my address").

Will cross post this to Mountain Project and Supertopo, cheers.

Dave Dinnell

Re: Found: GoPro Helmet Camera

by Dave Dinnell » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Thanks for posting. I just PM'd SP member BackcountryOz (we were on SE Butt. of Cathedral on Sat.) Don't think it's his, pretty sure he left it in the car, but...

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Dave Dinnell wrote:Thanks for posting. I just PM'd SP member BackcountryOz (we were on SE Butt. of Cathedral on Sat.) Don't think it's his, pretty sure he left it in the car, but...

Did you read the OP? He said the camera was found on a route EAST of Cathedral (NOT on it).

Dave Dinnell

by Dave Dinnell » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Vitaliy M. wrote:
Dave Dinnell wrote:Thanks for posting. I just PM'd SP member BackcountryOz (we were on SE Butt. of Cathedral on Sat.) Don't think it's his, pretty sure he left it in the car, but...

Did you read the OP? He said the camera was found on a route EAST of Cathedral (NOT on it).

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just took his vague-ness for being anywhere in the region (and east of Cathedral Peak to hwy 395 is a pretty vague but beautiful area..)

Cheers,

Dave

seanh

by seanh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:50 am

Yeah, apologies on the vagueness, but as I said, it's an expensive item. For the most part, I think climbers do the honorable thing, but there are always exceptions. I figure anyone that lost a helmet mounted camera over the weekend will know what routes they did the same weekend, and so it should be a good enough filter to get the cam back to its true owner.

The following user would like to thank seanh for this post
Dave Dinnell

jareds

by jareds » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:55 am

posted on the gopro facebook page, hopefully this doesn't cause you to get spammed.

would love to see this get back to the owner!

have you tried to check for existing footage, that might have a name or face or whatever....

Return to California