Members leaving left and right ..

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
mvs

Re: Members leaving left and right ..

by mvs » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:17 am

mrchad9 wrote:
lcarreau wrote:I just hope my crazy pictures didn't have anything to do with people leaving, and I apologize if that was the case.

LOL! If anyone left because of your pics they are an even bigger tool than this poor excuse for a contributor. Weak submissions... every one of them.

That joke never gets old! +1

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:12 pm

mrchad9 wrote:
lcarreau wrote:I just hope my crazy pictures didn't have anything to do with people leaving, and I apologize if that was the case.

LOL! If anyone left because of your pics they are an even bigger tool than this poor excuse for a contributor. Weak submissions... every one of them.

I was thinking the same thing. Plus, that person couldn't climb a ladder... :lol:

fatdad

by fatdad » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Alpinist wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Plus, that person couldn't climb a ladder... :lol:

Ha ha. Good thing I actually have thick skin. Carry on.

Luc

by Luc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:49 pm

I guess my skin isn't as thick as needed, I'm here to help the climbing community and when I read and see some of the crap that happens, I'm discouraged.

Members, especially those that have been here for a long time need to encourage participation, post positive criticism and not post trash about other members.
There needs to be an example to follow, I won't take stuff from Off-Route personally, but in the rest of the forums, those kinds of posts are counter productive to the community.

This thread is a very good example of why people leave. Why not find ways to get more contributing members from the rest of the world instead making sure they leave and don't come back?

And no, I didn't mind most of lcarreau's crazy pics, and I'd enjoy seeing him released from his padded hospital room one day! </joke>

The following user would like to thank Luc for this post
Lolli

mvs

by mvs » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Luc wrote:...
This thread is a very good example of why people leave. Why not find ways to get more contributing members from the rest of the world instead making sure they leave and don't come back?

We are actually trying, see the sometimes discouraging but ultimately productive "Wheat vs. Chaff" thread.

Luc wrote:And no, I didn't mind most of lcarreau's crazy pics, and I'd enjoy seeing him released from his padded hospital room one day! </joke>

Me neither, how does he find all those pictures and videos though? :D

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Luc wrote:I guess my skin isn't as thick as needed, I'm here to help the climbing community and when I read and see some of the crap that happens, I'm discouraged.

Members, especially those that have been here for a long time need to encourage participation, post positive criticism and not post trash about other members.
There needs to be an example to follow, I won't take stuff from Off-Route personally, but in the rest of the forums, those kinds of posts are counter productive to the community.

And no, I didn't mind most of lcarreau's crazy pics, and I'd enjoy seeing him released from his padded hospital room one day! </joke>

Oh boy. PM sent...

Luc

by Luc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:32 pm

I feel like an idiot now, even though most of what I wrote still stands.
Lets keep it on the positive side.

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:37 pm

HaHa! Welcome to the club. Next time you'll know better... :wink:

mcorbs28

by mcorbs28 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:46 pm

mrchad9 wrote:LOL! If anyone left because of your pics they are an even bigger tool than this poor excuse for a contributor. Weak submissions... every one of them.

hahaha, it took me a second to figure this out, then another second to realise it is true anyway :lol: .

The following user would like to thank mcorbs28 for this post
Buz Groshong, lcarreau

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Alpinist wrote: People take things that total strangers say to them way too personally.

What do you mean by that crack?

The following user would like to thank MoapaPk for this post
Buz Groshong, lcarreau

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:50 pm

mvs wrote:Me neither, how does he find all those pictures and videos though? :D

Government job.

The following user would like to thank MoapaPk for this post
CSUMarmot

justahiker

by justahiker » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:51 pm

mcorbs28 wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:LOL! If anyone left because of your pics they are an even bigger tool than this poor excuse for a contributor. Weak submissions... every one of them.

hahaha, it took me a second to figure this out, then another second to realise it is true anyway :lol: .

Maybe because English is not my native language, but I really don't understand the point! :?

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:56 pm

LOL!

Luc took the bait?

OK so that is at least three so far... Luc, RyderS (I sent him a PM last night), and mcorbs28 came clean. Good times!
Last edited by mrchad9 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:59 pm

MoapaPk wrote:
Alpinist wrote: People take things that total strangers say to them way too personally.

What do you mean by that crack?

Do I know you? Talk to the hand... :lol:

The following user would like to thank Alpinist for this post
lcarreau

justahiker

by justahiker » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:02 pm

mrchad9 wrote:LOL!

Luc took the bait?

OK so that is at least three so far... Luc, RyderS (I sent him a PM last night), and mcorbs28 came clean. Good times!

Count me as a fourth one. :oops:
Alpinist just sent me PM.... And I was really thinking today, what kind of answer I should make here on this thread.... :D

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback