Seeking Trekking Partner for Aconcagua in Dec / Jan 2012

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
ketan.gada

Seeking Trekking Partner for Aconcagua in Dec / Jan 2012

by ketan.gada » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I’m planning to climb Aconcagua in Dec / Jan 2012 and looking for a climbing partner(s) during this trip. The plan is to climb via False Polish or Polish Traverse – which is a non technical. I am want open to suggestions but wanted to select a route which is scenic and right combination of intensity (not overly technical & intense as Polish Direct route).

I have climbed Mt Kili in 2006, Everest Base Camp in 2008 and would now want to try climbing Aconcagua. I would say I have moderate climbing experience, generally a safe climber, and disciplined. I have been training for this climb since August 2011 and think should be ready just in time for the December climb. Ideally would like the climb to start around Dec 12-15 and end by Jan 1st week 2012. I have done extensive research on different trek organizer that have space and their pricing and will be happy to share that with you.

I’m looking for partner that is well prepared or trained for the trek in Dec 2011. Has moderate/good experience in climbing high altitude peaks, moderately clean, moderately disciplined and is generally a safe climber. In the event that we have to share a tent (most organizer have 2 people tent accommodation), I would prefer a male companion. I am somewhat flexible on the climbing route and the travel dates. And I am also flexible to join a group which is short on one person if the dates match up. So if you are looking to trek during the same time or are looking for one more trekker for your group, please email me on ketan.gada@gmail.com.

Best Regards
Ketan Gada, Washington DC

IvanBraunDK

Re: Seeking Trekking Partner for Aconcagua in Dec / Jan 2012

by IvanBraunDK » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi ketan
Just dropped you an email
As you can see am I also looking for a partner
partner-needed-for-aconcagua-january-2012-t60185.html
lets talk

Return to South America