Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Josh Lewis

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Josh Lewis » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:35 am

I also noticed the google maps balloon not showing up. :x This happens when using firefox 8, but then when I use internet explorer 8 the balloons appear. For many reasons I don't want to swap to IE. :wink: So is there anyone else having this problem? This makes mapping pages in the right coordinates more difficult, which I consider accurate coordinates important to SP.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:01 pm

I got a huge error message that would not allow me to exit out of which I had to close out of the tab. Here is a screen shot:
error.JPG
error.JPG (148.9 KiB) Viewed 1626 times

Bubba Suess

by Bubba Suess » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:39 am

Josh Lewis wrote:I also noticed the google maps balloon not showing up. :x This happens when using firefox 8, but then when I use internet explorer 8 the balloons appear. For many reasons I don't want to swap to IE. :wink: So is there anyone else having this problem? This makes mapping pages in the right coordinates more difficult, which I consider accurate coordinates important to SP.

Is there anything that can be done about this? It is getting annoying.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Bubba Suess wrote:
Josh Lewis wrote:I also noticed the google maps balloon not showing up. :x This happens when using firefox 8, but then when I use internet explorer 8 the balloons appear. For many reasons I don't want to swap to IE. :wink: So is there anyone else having this problem? This makes mapping pages in the right coordinates more difficult, which I consider accurate coordinates important to SP.

Is there anything that can be done about this? It is getting annoying.

The map balloons don't show up for me using IE, and for me the map feature is one of the most important features on the site.

When can this be fixed Matt?

Baarb

by Baarb » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Might be something on Google's end, I know they pulled access for a lot of translation stuff recently.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Baarb wrote:Might be something on Google's end, I know they pulled access for a lot of translation stuff recently.

Well then Matt can communicate that issue to them, if that is what it is. Maybe pull their ads from this site until they get things fixed... they certainly have a lot of ads here.

Better than doing nothing.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:19 am

I've sent Matt an email in case he hasn't checked the threads recently.

I can see the balloons and the coordinates using Firefox 8.0 but not with IE or Google Chrome. See if Firefox works for you in the meantime. If you're already doing that, I don't have better advice for you right now, unfortunately.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

The following user would like to thank Bob Sihler for this post
Josh Lewis

Baarb

by Baarb » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Just noticed something in the Mountains and Rocks list. There's an extra 'C' at the end of the alphabet which when clicked shows only a mountain called Smotrych (http://www.summitpost.org/object_list.p ... ter=%D0%A1)

My Ukrainian is non-existant but that seems a bit odd. When going to see if it was also listed under S there I found Vienna Peak listed, which was similarly not under V.

Edit: Scenic Peak is under '9', maybe it used to be called something related to its altitude?

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Baarb wrote:Just noticed something in the Mountains and Rocks list. There's an extra 'C' at the end of the alphabet which when clicked shows only a mountain called Smotrych (http://www.summitpost.org/object_list.p ... ter=%D0%A1)

My Ukrainian is non-existant but that seems a bit odd. When going to see if it was also listed under S there I found Vienna Peak listed, which was similarly not under V.

Edit: Scenic Peak is under '9', maybe it used to be called something related to its altitude?

See if it shows up under "S" now. The query name was this: Смотрич. That likely caused it. I kept the original query name but added the English name as well.

Similar reason-- 9554 is among the query names.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

MaksymKozub

by MaksymKozub » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:39 am

In Firefox 9 (well, I remember it is still in beta, but it will go into final in a day or two, and I do not think things will really change), the forum only allows reading messages. Any and every link like PostReply button, NewTopic button, and links to members' profiles under their pictures, are all redirected to my profile page for some strange reason.
I am writing this message under Safari 5.1. Just to experiment, I have tried and copied the direct URL of this new message form (http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=55411) into Firefox, and it lands on the same profile page. As the last detail, if you try to post a reply etc. when you are not logged in, you are requested to log in, and after that — guess what? — you are brought to the same profile page :).
It all happens under Windows 7 Starter, but I reasonably believe that the OS version does not really matter here.

Bill Reed

by Bill Reed » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 am

This might not be a bug but, I can't access my gear reviews from my profile page.

Link on my page looks like this: http://www.summitpostgear.com/reviews/2 ... kenya.html

Link when I go directly to Gear looks like this: http://www.summitpost.org/outdoor-gear/ ... kenya/2935

Thoughts?

Bill Reed

by Bill Reed » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks Matt!
Here's another bit of weirdness from Gear. This item http://www.summitpost.org/outdoor-gear/ ... guide/2953 has some issues with pictures that are attached. They show up blank with little question marks. When you click on them a completely different photo shows up.
Tried reinserting the images with no success.

Bill Reed

by Bill Reed » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:35 am

More issues with Gear:

Went to "Gear" > books > Create New (under Add gear to books) and got what's below.

> Canadian Rocky Mountains > Banff Nat´l Park > Mount Temple
> > More of what to expect on the... >

Went back to Gear>add gear>adding book info and submitted>page appeared as a mountain/rock.

Another question-used to have to log in to Gear with SP log-in. Log-in never came up in the above processes.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Awesome Matt! This is the first time I have ever seen it so you don't have to re-loggin for SP gear. Is this done though a double authentication or in the database are they the exact same user just on a different domain?

Bill Reed

by Bill Reed » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Got it Matt, thanks. Just one more little bit of weirdness encountered.

Put in a review then went back to add the primary image. After I clicked on Submit I wound up here: http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... irm_post=7

The image I added was #8086, notice the image that popped up is #8085.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback