Trip to San Gorgonio!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Denjem

Re: Trip to San Gorgonio!

by Denjem » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:50 pm

Is that the drainage just below Dry Lake?

simonov

by simonov » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Actually, it up above Dry Lake, just below Trail Flat.
Nunc est bibendum.

The following user would like to thank simonov for this post
Denjem

EastKing

by EastKing » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:21 am

Anyone with any conditions update of the region. I hear it has barely snow at all!

no avatar
Stockwell

by Stockwell » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:17 am

It has been SOOOOO dry here :(

I can't say for sure about San G, but I know the Baldy Bowl on San Antonio has zero snow on it. Hopefully things will turn around at the end of this week like I have been hearing. We desperately need one or two more winter storms :(

Deb

by Deb » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:59 pm

EastKing wrote:Anyone with any conditions update of the region. I hear it has barely snow at all!

Depends on which trail you want to take. You'll find everything from dirt, mud, ice, frozen snow and post-holing to your crotch. Have fun!

tarol

by tarol » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Here's a recent trip report for San Bernardino Peak, which is a little lower and to the west of San G - yes, there is still some snow - and icy conditions - so bring your microspikes or crampons!

http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=3368

EastKing

by EastKing » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:40 am

Went up via Alger Creek (I know wrong area :oops: to head up) and found crappy conditions just before Dollar Saddle. We all struggle up to a ridge just above the saddle just above Dollar Saddle and faced a night of falling tree ice and heavy wind. Went the next day to Charlton Peak and faced more crappy conditions. All of us called it a day on that summit and abondoned ship to head over to Telescope Peak in Death Valley. That section of the trip worked out perfectly.

I will be back but next time from the north on the South Fork Trailhead via the town of Angelos Oaks either in March or next year! I do want to give this for Kristen5berry and Gimpilator though for making this trip happen though. We were a great team and all made a lot of cool summits on the trip.

Previous

Return to California