Mammoth area snow conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
no avatar
Jedi5150

Mammoth area snow conditions

by Jedi5150 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:48 am

Hello all, I'm considering a short 2 or 3 day backpacking trip the second half of this week. Does anyone know what the snow/ trail conditions are like for the Mammoth Lakes area right now? In specific I'm looking at the 1000 Islands Lake, June Lake, Parker Lake, areas. Highest elevation would be roughly 10,500 feet or so. Thanks in advance.

dshoshone

Re: Mammoth area snow conditions

by dshoshone » Mon May 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Parker Lake is snow free. The Rush Creek trail to Gem is snow free, the snow starts around Waugh Lake. The trails out of the Reds-Agnew area are CLOSED,no access due to tree fall. Most trails around Mammoth have quite a bit of snow. Any where south of Mammoth not to bad

The following user would like to thank dshoshone for this post
Jedi5150

no avatar
Jedi5150

Re: Mammoth area snow conditions

by Jedi5150 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:19 pm

dshoshone wrote:Parker Lake is snow free. The Rush Creek trail to Gem is snow free, the snow starts around Waugh Lake. The trails out of the Reds-Agnew area are CLOSED,no access due to tree fall. Most trails around Mammoth have quite a bit of snow. Any where south of Mammoth not to bad

Thanks a bunch! Exactly what I needed to hear.

Return to California