Italy Pass/Mt. Julius Caesar Conditions?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
artrock23

Italy Pass/Mt. Julius Caesar Conditions?

by artrock23 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:16 am

A friend and I are hiking in to Granite Park this weekend (Sept. 10-12), and want to get to the summit of Mt. Julius Caesar via Italy Pass. Does anyone here have any info on the current conditions? I'm guessing that snow is no longer an issue?

no avatar
The Chief

Re: Italy Pass/Mt. Julius Caesar Conditions?

by The Chief » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:58 am

The Eastside of the Pass itself is clear as is 99% of the trail through Granite Park. Just came through 3/4's of GP this morning over GP Col from Bear Lakes basin where I portered & guided a client to and is spending a few days at.

Be advised that the weather is forecasted to be shakey at best for TS and snow activity this entire weekend. I will be returning to Bear Lakes Basin via GP Col early Sunday morning and am preparing myself for "BEAR"!

Be safe and watch out for that lightning!!!!!!

Below is a shot looking south, of Bearpaw, Ursa & Big Bear Lakes, on my return out hike out from the Bear Lakes Basin this morning. In the distance is Seven Gables etal....

The following user would like to thank The Chief for this post
artrock23, inconsolable

Deb

by Deb » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Any recent conditions beta on JC from Italy Pass. Looking into tagging JC in a week from Pine Creek trail.

no avatar
Kahuna

by Kahuna » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:03 pm

All trails, Granite Park, IP and SF of JC are absolutely VOID of all snow Deb!!!

Return to California