Partner needed for Aconcagua january 2012

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
IvanBraunDK

Partner needed for Aconcagua january 2012

by IvanBraunDK » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi all

I just recently "lost" my partner for the planned trip to Acon in january 2012 - he just learned that he has heart issues and is grounded for 4-6 months :shock:

Plan
Start January 5 in Mendoza
18-20 days to/from Mendoza (plenty of times to sit out bad weather if needed)
I'll take a bus to Buenos Aires, have a few RR days (depending on time spent on Acon) and fly back to Europe from there

I'm fine in doing the normal route /False Polish Glacier, Aconcagua for me is High Altitude testing (planning to do Cho Oyu in august 2012), so a safe way up high is more important than doing the Glacier for instance 8)

Budget
My current budget shows that its doeable at 1.100-1.400 USD per person (flights to/from mendoca excluded)

Me
Im 43, strong and fit, experineced from the Alps and just summited Mt kenya and Kilimanjaro last month in perfect style
¨
You
I'm looking for a good, strong reliable and fun partner to acompany me.
- we could be more than 1 person (would reduce some of costs per person)

Interested in joining?
drop me an email at ivan@recoverit.dk describing you, your experiences and ideas.

Lets bag this mountain together!

tkitta

Re: Partner needed for Aconcagua january 2012

by tkitta » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Hey guys, I am also looking for a climbing partner for Aconcagua this coming season.

My current plan is to simply go solo and most likely do it via False Polish route. Through I don't mind doing Polish Direct I am not sure whatever it is a good idea to solo it so I would need someone to partner with.

I send you & all others in related threads an email.

Return to South America