Twoshuzz....

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Josh Lewis

Re: Twoshuzz....

by Josh Lewis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:00 am

The chief...

Be good amigo! 8)

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:18 am

Already did. I sprained my ankle and have an abrasion in my foot. For a short while I'll be on crutches. :roll: But hopefully in 3-4 weeks I hope to be well enough to get back into the mountains. I got off lucky.

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Shuzz, you have my number should you ever want/need to b.s. about anything. I thank you for the back and forth we've had, you'll be missed here on SP. I hope you get to where you need to be, wherever that might be. You have more friends than you realize, reach out, someone will always be there.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:35 am

Wait - a - minute .... what the hell happened to "Twoshuzz ..." :?:

Is this site going to the dogs ? :?
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

Kiefer

by Kiefer » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:31 am

What the hell is going on? I've been wondering why my last PM to Twoshuzz has gone unanswered.
If it's appropriate, can anyone elaborate why he left?

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:19 pm

In Off-Route Bob Sihler wrote:In an email, Tommy told me it was okay to share the following, and this is as much as I will say. Should he feel more is needed, I am sure he knows how to lurk and can post if necessary.

And Marmaduke, by saying the blood was on my hands, what I meant was that I am the one who deleted his account. He made the request to me, and after an attempt to change his mind and then confirmation of the request, I regretfully did it.

You may state that due to family events, Twomuchbooze has decided to pull up stakes, once again in search of Shangri La. That I have no idea where on the globe I may end up, I felt it was unfair to SP and its staff to ask for tolerance. Above all, I would ask that they all know that it has nothing to do with SP, the staff or membership; even nothing to do with trolls.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:05 pm

butitsadryheat wrote:Screw you boozer! Don't drink too much! :wink:

no avatar
Twoshuzz

by Twoshuzz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Well...

While I obviously would have preferred to keep this quiet, I imagine that after five years of putting up with me, an explanation seems to be in order.

Firstly, I wish EVERYONE to know that my decision to leave SP is in no way, shape or form related to SP, that I've greatly enjoyed my five years here, the membership and staff as well. Yes, that includes you too Mattski: The Wonder From A Bit Beyond Down Under. It is with deep regret that I make my choice.

The SP staff has been a pleasure to work with, a lot of fun as well. They are a dedicated bunch and the site greatly benefits from each and every one of them, and in many ways. It's been a real pleasure to ge to know them all, no different than getting to know those members I have, whether it be through positive means or those otherwise. If nothing else, SP is wonderful collection of diverse personalities, ALL of which I am greatful to have experienced.

Simply, my choice to leave SP is born of family (non-marital) events taking place over the last several weeks, those of a deeply profound and life changing nature. The result is that I've decided my best interests reside within a change of scenery. As such, I've been quite busy with paring my life down, freeing myself from those burdens that tend to bury one's feet in concrete, those "things" which tend to come to one at this stage in life. No worries, no Lime was needed :wink:.

So........ I'm hitting the road with enough tools to build my way across the country and intend to start by helping those victims, those who've been blown out of their homes due to catastrophic events both past and present, get back into their homes or help build anew.... hopefully on a greatly voluntary basis. And I must say that I look forward to New Orleans a bit down the road.

Also coming with me will be every bit of "gear" I can muster. It's high time I start putting the Doc's work of 2010/11 to the real test. I've no idea what limitations I'll find, but it's time I find them. The goal, of course, is a return to former glory (form) with the Brass Ring being a final push for a return to those corners of the globe once visited, a run at a couple/three goals/desires that remain at the forefront of my mind in those quiet times.

I've now been in one place longer than at any time in my entire adult life, until roughly 17 years ago I'd always preferred "mobility." While the circumstances of change are rather "sucky," perhaps it all comes as a blessing of sorts. Regretfully, leaving SP is a necessary part of the process as I cannot fulfill my duties as a member of the staff. And that I truthfully have no idea where and when I'll land; or even if, maintaining membership seems rather imprudent at present. As I said, it is with great regret that I make this choice.

So that's the scoop, NO SP DRAMA.

For those who wish, my e-mail addy is Twoshuzz@live.com.

Perhaps a bit foolish to post here, but nothing that cannot be changed if I'm suddenly flooded with images of monogrammed Ball Park Franks pics :lol:. Should any of you wish to keep in contact, please feel free to drop me a line. While I may have addies from past e-mail(s), I cannot say for certain if such things remain current, a confirmation would be great !

Who really knows what the future may bring ? But even if your town is dry, "Twomuchbooze" may be coming to at least "a town near you." If any of you wish to get together for a beer, a meal, or perhaps a climb if I'm able at the time, send me an e-mail if you wish.

Lastly, my thanks to all on SP ! It indeed has been a pleasure.

My best wishes to all,

Tommy

The following user would like to thank Twoshuzz for this post
biff, Buz Groshong, Fletch, lcarreau, Marcsoltan, Marmaduke, mvs, Vitaliy M.

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:02 pm

All the best to you Tommy. You may have your opportunity to have a beer with Mattski if you are around CA. : )

mvs

by mvs » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:14 pm

I'll miss you around here Tommy but it is okay because you are out on adventures and I'll be pleased when I remember that! :)

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Twoshuzz wrote:"... nothing that cannot be changed if I'm suddenly flooded with images of monogrammed Ball Park Franks pics" :lol:.

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:58 am

Shuzz, If your travels take you to the Bay Area, call me!

Return to Site Feedback