Obvious Study - Mountaineers Have Emotional Issues

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Daria

Re: Obvious Study - Mountaineers Have Emotional Issues

by Daria » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Only took 2 min LOL
I'm the top troll.

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Daria wrote:Oh, I just realized that I'm wearing that SC shirt again in the pic on the previous page

Sorry, that should have been more glaringly obvious to me. I suspect it's not a very good way to advertise if even I don't notice. Perhaps the logo needs to be bigger, the head more square.

The following user would like to thank Bob Burd for this post
John Duffield, MoapaPk

Daria

by Daria » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Did you design that logo?

how creative can you get when you order the t-shirts? Like, can I request a color/design, etc.?
I'm the top troll.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:25 am

Daria wrote:how creative can you get when you order the t-shirts? Like, can I request a color/design, etc.?

Nooooooooo!

Everyone will be dressed like this:

image.jpg
image.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 5285 times

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:48 am

What a bunch of (damned) LOSERS ! Here's da D of the D ... dress of the day .. ha, ha ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMz-wi50ACU[/youtube]
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

Sierra Ledge Rat

by Sierra Ledge Rat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:50 pm

toxo wrote:Yet another condescending assumption courtesy of the patriarchal tyranny misogynist brigade. Count the personality disorders in this pic, bitterfag. Then go gay marry Buzzard, and divorce him for different flavors of bitterness.

No, what I said is really true. Not PC, but true nonetheless.

The prepondance of personality disorders amongst women in certain realms is actually caused by men and male dominance.

You see it all the time in the male-dominated corporate world, if I may use that as an example. The men who claw their way to the top of corparate ladder have excessive personality disorder traits; it's a self-selecting process. Normal people say, "Fuck this shit" and drop out of the rat race.

Now throw a female into this environment - and you've really got a mess. Some say that women "have" to be tough to climb the male-dominated corporate ladder (which is true), but there is also a self-selection process. The women who claw their way upwards are, well,.... there is generally something wrong with them from the perspective of personality disorders (just like the men, but worse). That's not to say these women are not capable; there are a lot of highly-intelligent, high-functioning borderline personality types (men and women) who are doctors and lawyers and corporate executives. It's a self-selecting process.

I will repeat that all of this has been caused by men and male-dominated society.

Now as women make in-roads (as they should) - then more and more "normal" women (not just the psychos) rise to higher and higher levels. This applies to any realm that has been historically male dominated, including climbing.

And maybe someday when we evolve to a female-dominated society, we'll see some real improvements.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:21 pm

I knew someone else was at fault.

WyomingSummits

by WyomingSummits » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:18 am

Sierra Ledge Rat wrote:
toxo wrote:Yet another condescending assumption courtesy of the patriarchal tyranny misogynist brigade. Count the personality disorders in this pic, bitterfag. Then go gay marry Buzzard, and divorce him for different flavors of bitterness.

No, what I said is really true. Not PC, but true nonetheless.

The prepondance of personality disorders amongst women in certain realms is actually caused by men and male dominance.

You see it all the time in the male-dominated corporate world, if I may use that as an example. The men who claw their way to the top of corparate ladder have excessive personality disorder traits; it's a self-selecting process. Normal people say, "Fuck this shit" and drop out of the rat race.

Now throw a female into this environment - and you've really got a mess. Some say that women "have" to be tough to climb the male-dominated corporate ladder (which is true), but there is also a self-selection process. The women who claw their way upwards are, well,.... there is generally something wrong with them from the perspective of personality disorders (just like the men, but worse). That's not to say these women are not capable; there are a lot of highly-intelligent, high-functioning borderline personality types (men and women) who are doctors and lawyers and corporate executives. It's a self-selecting process.

I will repeat that all of this has been caused by men and male-dominated society.

Now as women make in-roads (as they should) - then more and more "normal" women (not just the psychos) rise to higher and higher levels. This applies to any realm that has been historically male dominated, including climbing.

And maybe someday when we evolve to a female-dominated society, we'll see some real improvements like tampon machines in metro stations.

That's a pretty insensitive thing to say.....that last sentence.

The following user would like to thank WyomingSummits for this post
Sierra Ledge Rat

Sierra Ledge Rat

by Sierra Ledge Rat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:39 am

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

WyomingSummits

by WyomingSummits » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:05 pm

toxo wrote:Ratty my dear, first of all, I believe you are missing the sarcasm in my statement. Buzzard has that handicap, too. That's one reason I suggested you two would be perfect for each other.

Daria is often criticized for being a pathological liar, and an exhibitionist. Yours truly is known to be an arrogant, selfish, narcissistic asshole. I was agreeing with you that there seem to be certain characteristics which correlate with... females in climbing. :twisted:

Sierra Ledge Rat wrote:The prepondance of personality disorders amongst women in certain realms is actually caused by men and male dominance.

I fully agree with those cognizant observations.

However, as far as full on mental illness goes, I am of the opinion that people with certain disorders such as bipolar should be killed with fire, and their close relatives tested for the disorder. Think about how much crime and general misery reduction we'd see.

Sierra Ledge Rat wrote:And maybe someday when we evolve to a female-dominated society, we'll see some real improvements like tampon machines in metro stations.

That would be too sexist. I'd like to see penis sound vending machines, too.

You ever sound a guy? How was it? Did they cry and whimper, like it, or both? When I got sounded, it hurt only a little.

That's it.....I'm done with this thread.....it's like fricken taxi cab confessional.

RickF

by RickF » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Complete the sentence,

You might be a mountaineer with emotional issues if _____________.

O.K., I'll go first, ...If you've read every post in the thread "Obvious Study - Mountaineers Have Emotional Issues".

Daria

by Daria » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:40 am

Sierra Ledge Rat wrote:And maybe someday when we evolve to a female-dominated society, we'll see some real improvements.

When you talk about females with personality disorders within the realm of competition and striving for dominance, you have to take into account that it is heavily biased and skewed by culture and the idea of what is attractive.

So, there is nothing wrong with a woman being competitive, aggressive, analytical, non-sacrificial, etc. The pathology comes in with how most of these women are single (because those personality traits are socially shunned) and exhibit certain emotional consequences (lonely, angry, resentful, spiteful, etc.) which then triggers mental/emotional cycles that manifest in real life as personality disorders, because none of the mentioned traits are attractive on women.

So, that someday when we evolve to a female-dominated society might never come, unless the personality characteristics instrumental to exhibiting and achieving dominance and power become sexually attractive on women, or... if sexual selection evolves to overlook personality..... Or even if an alternative way develops to express dominance.

Also, "personality disorders" within the area of abnormal psychology is heavily contested and undergoing revision, with some of them even being dropped from the DSM-5 recently.
I'm the top troll.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am

"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

Sierra Ledge Rat

by Sierra Ledge Rat » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:49 pm

Daria, I agree with you, and I glossed over this when I said briefly, "...Some say that women "have" to be tough to climb the male-dominated corporate ladder (which is true)..."

But my main point is that people who undertake certain endeavors have personality disorders because normal people just do not strive for those goals. Runnning for a national political office is an example. All politicians have serious personality disorders, because only people with personality disorders would subject themselves to such an ordeal, and only people with personality disorders are conniving enough and manipulative enough to do so. Likewise, any woman who tries to get a place on a men's sport team has, de facto, a personality disorder. That's not saying that these people are incapable or dumb.

BTW, anyone who says that personality disorders do not exist has never dealt with anyone with a personality disorder - or simply did not recognize the personality disorder.

WyomingSummits

by WyomingSummits » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Sierra Ledge Rat wrote:Daria, I agree with you, and I glossed over this when I said briefly, "...Some say that women "have" to be tough to climb the male-dominated corporate ladder (which is true)..."

But my main point is that people who undertake certain endeavors have personality disorders because normal people just do not strive for those goals. Runnning for a national political office is an example. All politicians have serious personality disorders, because only people with personality disorders would subject themselves to such an ordeal, and only people with personality disorders are conniving enough and manipulative enough to do so. Likewise, any woman who tries to get a place on a men's sport team has, de facto, a personality disorder. That's not saying that these people are incapable or dumb.

BTW, anyone who says that personality disorders do not exist has never dealt with anyone with a personality disorder - or simply did not recognize the personality disorder.

In order for there to be disorder, there has to be order. I see no order.

Previous

Return to General