Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Josh Lewis

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Josh Lewis » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:36 am

For 10 minutes the images failed so bad that the frontpage wasn't looking so great (not a single image loaded). But then suddenly poof every image seems to be working. :D

Mark Doiron

by Mark Doiron » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:14 am

Josh Lewis wrote:For 10 minutes the images failed so bad that the frontpage wasn't looking so great (not a single image loaded). But then suddenly poof every image seems to be working. :D

They are missing right now. All of them anywhere I check.

anita

by anita » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:35 pm

no images loading for me, at the moment.
no user avatars, no images on my profile, none in what's new either.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Same thing here. It's definitely a system-wide problem.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

anita

by anita » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:18 pm

still can't upload images from my work computer. I just get the same blank screen as last time...
I am going to try clearing cookies & see what happens.

I tried uploading a smaller image, about 180kb, no problem.
tried 8mb, blank screen after a few minutes.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:35 pm

I think 8 mb is the limit. Knock it down to 5 mb or something.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:47 pm

8 mb is the limit. I forget where I read that-- forum or elsewhere-- but it is. We should update the FAQ to reflect this.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

The following user would like to thank Bob Sihler for this post
anita

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:We should update the FAQ to reflect this.

Looks like it was already in there. Ha!

http://www.summitpost.org/faq#chapter_42

JPEGs, GIFs, and PNGs of any dimension are accepted, but they must be less than 8mb in file size.

The following user would like to thank mrchad9 for this post
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:53 pm

mrchad9 wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:We should update the FAQ to reflect this.

Looks like it was already in there. Ha!

http://www.summitpost.org/faq#chapter_42

JPEGs, GIFs, and PNGs of any dimension are accepted, but they must be less than 8mb in file size.

Well, now it's in two places there. 8)

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:36 am

Anita, try uploading a 7mb photo. An upload message should appear for uploads that are too big. Just saying.

anita

by anita » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Josh: I figured it out on my own after I did a couple test uploads with smaller images. however no error message appeared when I tried the 8mb image. maybe that's something you could add?

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:37 pm

I added it to the to do list yesterday a few minutes after my forum post. :wink: As of right now it's split into two "to do lists". One is currently approved, the second one may go under review after the first list is finished (as in they get implemented).

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Trying to post a page but when I click the "Submit" button it sends me to http://www.summitpost.org/new_create_object.php and gives me the content below on that page:

Pillar\"',`query_name`='\"Panic Pillar\"',`continent`='North America',`country`='United States',`province`=NULL,`state_province`='California',`county`=NULL,`latitude`='37.84738',`longitude`='-119.40603',`activities`='Trad Climbing',`seasons`='Spring, Summer, Fall',`elevation`='10,904',`object_body_ft`='
Overview

Panic pillar is a vertical pillar of rock just a few dozen feet south from the summit of Cathedral Peak. Even though a few feet lower in elevation than Cathedral, it holds a much greater challenge for a rock climber. Not just a physical challenge of pulling 5.8-5.9 moves, but a mental one – last 25 feet or so of climbing can’t be protected by traditional gear. A leader fall from the last ten feet of the climb will cause serious injuries or death. Due to above mentioned difficulties this pinnacle does not see fraction of traffic Cathedral Peak receives.
\n
First Free Ascent (on lead) was likely made by Tom Higgins and Bud Couch, in early 1970s. They are responsible for naming this formation and placing a single bolt on top to use for a rappell.
Glen Dawson and Jack Riegelhuth are thought to make a First Ascent of a pillar in 1930s or 40s by throwing a rope over the formation and than climbing it on “top rope.”
Getting There

Take Highway 120 to Yosemite National Park and drive to Toulumne Meadows. Easiest way to approach the peak is from Cathedral Lakes trailhead.
Route

Most climbers would want to climb Cathedral Peak or Eichorn Pinnacle first and do Panic Pillar as a side trip. The route is up the west face of the pillar and is rated as 5.9 R, even though addition of X is a possibility if climber slips from the last technical crux.
Make your way to the notch of Cathedral and Panic Pillar. Establish a belay below a steep crack. Climb the crack and transition to the west side of the pillar. Before you transition you can clip a rusty piton and place a small cam (green alien/blue metolious), or maybe a nut. From there you do not need any gear. Pull up and mantle to the top of a small ledge and continue climbing up towards the top using the arete. You will have to make a few 5.8/5.9 moves with a potential for decking.
Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.
When to Climb

This pinnacle can usually be climbed during months when Tioga Pass is opened. Check conditions and snow levels before coming.
Camping

Usually done as a day-hike since camping in Budd Creek drainage (Cathedral Peak\'s east side) and within 4 miles of the trailhead is not allowed.
External Links

Add External Links text here.\r\n
',`is_primary_photo_user_set`=0 ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `object_id`=NULL,`type_id`=1,`last_edit`=NOW(),`creation`=NOW(),`last_edit_user_id`='68997',`created_user_id`='68997',`show_toc`='Yes',`construction`='Yes',`object_name`='\"Panic Pillar\"',`query_name`='\"Panic Pillar\"',`continent`='North America',`country`='United States',`province`=NULL,`state_province`='California',`county`=NULL,`latitude`='37.84738',`longitude`='-119.40603',`activities`='Trad Climbing',`seasons`='Spring, Summer, Fall',`elevation`='10,904',`object_body_ft`='
Overview

Panic pillar is a vertical pillar of rock just a few dozen feet south from the summit of Cathedral Peak. Even though a few feet lower in elevation than Cathedral, it holds a much greater challenge for a rock climber. Not just a physical challenge of pulling 5.8-5.9 moves, but a mental one – last 25 feet or so of climbing can’t be protected by traditional gear. A leader fall from the last ten feet of the climb will cause serious injuries or death. Due to above mentioned difficulties this pinnacle does not see fraction of traffic Cathedral Peak receives.
\n
First Free Ascent (on lead) was likely made by Tom Higgins and Bud Couch, in early 1970s. They are responsible for naming this formation and placing a single bolt on top to use for a rappell.
Glen Dawson and Jack Riegelhuth are thought to make a First Ascent of a pillar in 1930s or 40s by throwing a rope over the formation and than climbing it on “top rope.”
Getting There

Take Highway 120 to Yosemite National Park and drive to Toulumne Meadows. Easiest way to approach the peak is from Cathedral Lakes trailhead.
Route

Most climbers would want to climb Cathedral Peak or Eichorn Pinnacle first and do Panic Pillar as a side trip. The route is up the west face of the pillar and is rated as 5.9 R, even though addition of X is a possibility if climber slips from the last technical crux.
Make your way to the notch of Cathedral and Panic Pillar. Establish a belay below a steep crack. Climb the crack and transition to the west side of the pillar. Before you transition you can clip a rusty piton and place a small cam (green alien/blue metolious), or maybe a nut. From there you do not need any gear. Pull up and mantle to the top of a small ledge and continue climbing up towards the top using the arete. You will have to make a few 5.8/5.9 moves with a potential for decking.
Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.
When to Climb

This pinnacle can usually be climbed during months when Tioga Pass is opened. Check conditions and snow levels before coming.
Camping

Usually done as a day-hike since camping in Budd Creek drainage (Cathedral Peak\'s east side) and within 4 miles of the trailhead is not allowed.
External Links

Add External Links text here.\r\n
',`is_primary_photo_user_set`=0 failed: DB Error: unknown error

Please help! I tried it 3 times now with the same result. :/

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:13 pm

And what browser do you use?

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Chrome