Heavyweight gloves

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
theriel

Heavyweight gloves

by theriel » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Hello,
Following the advice here and on other fora, I have purchased ME Hydra gloves as the "go-to" mid-weight/work gloves. I am looking now to add another set of gloves which would serve me well during winter ski touring (Alps) as well as to serve as a backup while mountaineering (or the "go-to gloves" if I decided to climb some higher mountains).

My little research seemed to suggest that BD Guide gloves are quite often recommended. What do you think about them? Would they be a good choice? Do you know any better alternatives?

Thank you for help!

no avatar
seb

Re: Heavyweight gloves

by seb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 am

The black diamond guide and the black diamond Rebel are obvious choices but if you have the money the arcteryx Alpha SV glove is very warm with amazing dexterity and surprisingly good durability not something to destroy as a belaying glove but for your use they would do amazingly. I can also recommend the rab guide gloves, the mountain hardwear jalapeno's, the outdoor research magnate and if ur on a bit of a budget try the outdoor research south back.
Hope this helps :)

Return to Gear