July Wyoming Trip

Find climbing partners in the Northern Rockies.
Karl_H

July Wyoming Trip

by Karl_H » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:29 am

Hi,

I am seeking partners for a 4 week trip to Wyoming, starting in early July. Actual dates to be confirmed. I am primarily interested in the classic alpine climbs in the Tetons and Wind River Ranges. However, I am open to other destinations (Devil's Tower, Gannett Peak, City of Rocks, etc.).

I tend to prefer alpine & long multi-pitch trad climbs, but I also enjoy single pitch cragging and bouldering.

I expect to start out leading at 5.9 (sport), 5.8 (trad), and V3. I should be able to second / top rope 5.10b.

Regards,
Karl

WyomingSummits

Re: July Wyoming Trip

by WyomingSummits » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 am

"start out"? What does that mean? What experience do you have?

Karl_H

by Karl_H » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:55 am

I have a lot of climbing experience (rock, ice, mixed, glacier). I can provide a list of well known routes that I have climbed in the past.

Due to my rotational work schedule, I will not be able to do any climbing or climbing specific training in the 4 weeks preceding the trip. Therefore, I my climbng specific strength, power, endurance, and technique will likely degrade slightly during my time off. After some days-weeks, I expect to return to peak levels (1 grade higher than those listed above).

WyomingSummits

by WyomingSummits » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:30 am

Gotcha. Not trying to bag on you, just odd terminology that I wanted to clarify. :) Living in Wyoming, I can be available for some things. What did you have in mind?

Karl_H

by Karl_H » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:42 am

I am primarily interetested in the classic alpine climbs in the Tetons (Owen Spalding, Exum Ridge, etc.) and the those in the Cirque of the Towers (Pingora, Wolfshead, etc.). However, I am open to other ideas.

Doublecabin

by Doublecabin » Sun May 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Just want to make sure you are aware of the American Alpine Club's Grand Teton Climbers Ranch. It's a wonderful location where lots of folks meet partners.

Return to US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)