Mount Olympus 9th of August ish

Find climbing partners in the Pacific Northwest.
no avatar
Giampaolo

Mount Olympus 9th of August ish

by Giampaolo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:37 am

Hey All,

I am going to travel to Makah Bay area on the 8th of August, I have never been in this area before. But I saw the provincial park and Mount Olympus and this took my interest. I have zero mountain climbing experience, I have walked up some mountains (2.5km high) and am in very good physical shape. I also work as a Yoga instructor so maybe I could trade some knowledge/a trip for some yoga lessons.

After more research I get the idea that this Mountain is quite a difficult climb. I wanted to know if there are some other good climbs in the are that people could recommend, or if maybe just climbing some of the mountain is an option? Or if there is a group of people going to climb Olympus and need/wants another keen person to tag along?

Let me know

Thanks,
Giampaolo

Snidely Whiplash

Re: Mount Olympus 9th of August ish

by Snidely Whiplash » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:56 am

This may be reaching you too late, but Mt. Olympus is a serious mountaineering objective, requiring multiple days for most mortal people. It also requires glacier and crevasse rescue skills, and rock climbing at the summit. This is not a trivial mountain. There are plenty of hiking mountains in the Olympics. Mt. Jupiter and Mt. Townsend come to mind. They are on the east and north sides of the Olympics. There are other easy scramble peaks such as Tyler Peak, Mt. Baldy, Graywolf, and Welch Peaks.

Return to US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)