Petzl Lynx and Verto S6K Extreme for the Presidential?

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
SabyR

Petzl Lynx and Verto S6K Extreme for the Presidential?

by SabyR » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:38 am

I just purchased a pair of NF S6K Extreme and I am looking for a set of crampons to paire them with for general mountaineering, White Mountains for now (G12, Saberthoot and Vasak came to mind). Then realized that although the Lynz is not suited for general mountaineering ... What if you shorten the front point or even more removed them all together??? Would they be suited and comfortable for long approach? After all Hillsound does not have front points and do a reasonably good job most of the time...

Is it easier to walk with the basket than it is with the toe bail?

Btw this is my first post!!!!

Saby

ExcitableBoy

Re: Petzl Lynx and Verto S6K Extreme for the Presidential?

by ExcitableBoy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:21 pm

Lynx will certainly work for any type of climbing without modification, but do you want to spend that much money for a general mountaineering crampon? If your plan is for winter alpine climbing/ice climbing/winter mixed climbing it would certainly be a good crampon that would do everything, but if your plan is for general mountaineering I would get something cheaper, like the G12, Sabertooth, or Vasak. Just pick the one that fits your boot the best.

Return to Gear