Good Eats In Bend

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
Bubba Suess

Good Eats In Bend

by Bubba Suess » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:15 am

Sorry for the lame post here. Can anyone recommend some good places to eat in and around Bend? We are looking for some good post hiking fare and some memorable dinners. I appreciate the expertise!

ExcitableBoy

Re: Good Eats In Bend

by ExcitableBoy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:09 am

Deschutes Brewery and Public House, if you like pub grub, which always appeals to me post climb.

Steve Pratt

I second that

by Steve Pratt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:24 am

Des chutes is the gold standard in Bend. Tumalo Feed Company north of town is a cool place, too, though I haven't been there is a while.

calebEOC

by calebEOC » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:31 am

Bend is my favorite place to eat brewpub food, I agree with the others about Deschutes. All the breweries tend to be varying degrees of busy, but we never seem to have trouble getting into Deschutes and the experience has been consistent. Cascade lakes Brewery is another of my personal favorites. There is a whole host of good restaurants downtown i've enjoyed like High Tides and Jackalope Grill, its worth taking a stroll and seeing what captures your interest, they are all within a fairly small downtown area. Finally there is also a McMenamins on the south end of downtown, which if you've never been into one, its definitely worth checking out just to see the art and layout of the establishment.
Also, I picked up your new Mt Shasta guide and I love that its in color and has so many pictures in it. It looks great!

Bubba Suess

by Bubba Suess » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:52 am

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think we will be able to try a few of them and are really look forward to it.

calebEOC wrote:Also, I picked up your new Mt Shasta guide and I love that its in color and has so many pictures in it. It looks great!

Thank you very much for getting a copy of the guide! I really, really appreciate it and I hope you make it down this way. If you do, give me a holler. We have a great pad for climbers to crash in!

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)