Mammut Project 360

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
awilsondc

Mammut Project 360

by awilsondc » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:42 am

Just thought I'd share Mammut's Project 360 since it's pretty amazing.

http://project360.mammut.ch/

360 technology is pretty amazing and will change the way we share experiences from the trips we take. This site has 360 photos and videos from major climbs like the North Face of The Eiger, The Matterhorn, The Nose (El Capitan) and a few others. The locations are limited, but what they do have so far is really cool. You can follow the route up and get a full 360 globe style panoramas and videos that makes it as though you are there on the route and can look around any direction you choose. I've just begun to play with this technology myself, taking some photospheres on recent trips. I often times find a picture can't really portray what I'm seeing when photographing on a trip. What a photo can't do, this 360 technology can come pretty close to accomplishing. Anyway I'm just loving this stuff. It's even better on a phone or tablet, or their app for project 360, you can just twirl around and the view changes is if you are there looking around. If you have any links to web sites like this, I'd love to check them out! Enjoy!

awilsondc

Re: Mammut Project 360

by awilsondc » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:11 am

Another great place to view these types of photos is the Google Street View app on IOS or android. It pulls up a map of the world and you can zoom in anywhere and see complete 360 photospheres users have posted from all over the world, including some pretty cool mountain locations.

Return to General