Day tripping the Bonds with Fido?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
jludman

Day tripping the Bonds with Fido?

by jludman » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:46 am

Cori bagged 5 more 4ks this week to make 30. She is a 70# lab/GSD that is nearly all black.

How much exposure is there on a Bond traverse from Zealand Rd. to Lincoln Woods? Even short shade by human standards helps Cori out a lot, if it's hot. I'm going to be staying 45m from Lincoln Woods for a week at the end of August, and tentatively planning to (weather depending) drive to Zealand Rd. early one morning and hike across Zealand and the Bonds to Lincoln Woods. Is there a phone or cell service @ Lincoln Woods? TIA!

technicolorNH

Re: Day tripping the Bonds with Fido?

by technicolorNH » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:00 am

Shade should be plentiful the entire trip from north to south except on the summits themselves. I had zip for service with AT&T at Lincoln Woods last month which doesn't happen often (I have used T Mobile in the past and they don't have nearly the coverage) but only three miles down the Kanc I had 3G. The last few miles down the Lincoln Woods trail is essentially on a logging road (broad) with shade trees covering everything.

no avatar
jludman

Re: Day tripping the Bonds with Fido?

by jludman » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Thanks! I was worried that I might be above treeline for the whole of the 4 peaks.

I remember that logging road from Owl's Head.

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)