Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Alpinist

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Alpinist » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:49 pm

On closer inspection, it appears that the creation dates for the photos themselves are incorrect. The sort feature is working correctly. Did the photo creation dates get corrupted somehow?

Montana Matt
Site Admin

by Montana Matt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:28 pm

Alpinist wrote:On closer inspection, it appears that the creation dates for the photos themselves are incorrect. The sort feature is working correctly. Did the photo creation dates get corrupted somehow?

I'll have to look into that. I did make a small code change that impacted some things related to images, but I don't think it affected their creation date. Can you send me a link to a photo that you believe has an incorrect creation date?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:30 pm

Can we still position photos left, right, and center? Maybe I'm missing it, but it doesn't seem so?

Montana Matt
Site Admin

by Montana Matt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 pm

Scott wrote:Can we still position photos left, right, and center? Maybe I'm missing it, but it doesn't seem so?

Are you talking about within the new editor? Yes, you can position images left, right or center. See the attached screenshot for the buttons to click. Just click the image to select it and then click the alignment you prefer.
Screenshot 2018-12-03 13.05.18.png
Screenshot 2018-12-03 13.05.18.png (386.83 KiB) Viewed 166 times

The following user would like to thank Montana Matt for this post
alpinbeta, Scott

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Alpinist wrote:On closer inspection, it appears that the creation dates for the photos themselves are incorrect. The sort feature is working correctly. Did the photo creation dates get corrupted somehow?

I'll have to look into that. I did make a small code change that impacted some things related to images, but I don't think it affected their creation date. Can you send me a link to a photo that you believe has an incorrect creation date?

Take a look at the POW Album.
-See All Photos
-Advanced - Sort by Creation Date (Descending)

This should sort all images in the album. I now see that it is sorting every image in the SP database, starting with the most recent. Thus my confusion with the dates. That's the heart of the problem. (Final answer.)

Montana Matt
Site Admin

by Montana Matt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Alpinist wrote:This should sort all images in the album. I now see that it is sorting every image in the SP database, starting with the most recent. Thus my confusion with the dates. That's the heart of the problem. (Final answer.)

Ah, yes. This is an issue with contextual searches, both for users and parents (or other relatives). This functionality was removed in one of the previous updates. It will be added back in very soon.

Vid Pogachnik
Forum Moderator

by Vid Pogachnik » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:32 pm

Picture geo tags are not showing picture location on a map. When having a picture page opened, click on geo coordinates and you will be disappointed.

Somebody is changing SummitPost functionalities from bad to worse :(

Montana Matt
Site Admin

by Montana Matt » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:37 am

Vid Pogachnik wrote:Picture geo tags are not showing picture location on a map. When having a picture page opened, click on geo coordinates and you will be disappointed.

Noted. Will fix in the next release.

nader

Search results issues

by nader » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:28 pm

I have liked many of the new features but I have noted that when I click on "What's New" and then "more", instead of getting a list of the new mountains, I get a big map of the world with only 2 of the new mountains on the left side of the page. I then have to scroll down to see the other new mountains. I am unable to see who the pages were created by and if looking for my own pages, unable to see if the score went up signifying that someone voted on my pages.

What is the advantage of having the big world map popping up when you click on "more"? The map appears only for "mountains" and "routes" not for "trip reports", "albums" etc.

The following user would like to thank nader for this post
Montana Matt

Montana Matt
Site Admin

by Montana Matt » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:57 pm

nader wrote:I have liked many of the new features but I have noted that when I click on "What's New" and then "more", instead of getting a list of the new mountains, I get a big map of the world with only 2 of the new mountains on the left side of the page. I then have to scroll down to see the other new mountains.

The center of the map is generated based on the location of the mountains on the page. Since they are spread all over the world, the centroid only shows a couple of them. We could change the zoom level (making it zoom out further) and will look into doing that so more mountains show on the map.

nader wrote:I am unable to see who the pages were created by

Good point. We can add that in.

nader wrote:and if looking for my own pages, unable to see if the score went up signifying that someone voted on my pages.

OK, we can add the score back into the display as well. Though we are trying to reduce clutter and that information is displayed on the bubble pop-up and also in the list view. I don't think it is necessary to put on the left sidebar as well when in map view. Do you?

nader wrote:What is the advantage of having the big world map popping up when you click on "more"?

So that people can see where in the world the mountains are located.

nader wrote:The map appears only for "mountains" and "routes" not for "trip reports", "albums" etc.

Right. Albums typically don't have geolocation data and therefore can't be shown on a map. Trip reports sometimes have lat/lon and sometimes don't. So the primary objects that almost always have geolocation data are the only ones that default to map view. The other objects default to list view. But a single click of a button (big green button at the top of the search results page) can switch between the two. Be aware that any objects without geolocation data will currently not show in the map display since it is impossible to put them on a map without latitude and longitude data.

Previous

Return to Site Feedback