Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
User Avatar
Lolli

 
Posts: 809
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Thanked: 109 times in 68 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Lolli » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:08 pm

There something really strange with the log-in going on.

I see a new message on my profile, log in to answer, get redirected to the forum, go back to my profile, see I'm online, which is correct, click on the message again - not logged in. It says sign in below the message. I re-log in, get directed to the forums etc...
This is only in IE.
Using Firefox, it's ok.

I clicked on sign-out now - not logged out, but redirected here again...
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!

User Avatar
Hyadventure

 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:02 pm
Thanked: 7 times in 7 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Hyadventure » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Montana Matt wrote:The link under the avatar is providing a different functionality now. If you click on the username, it puts their username in the quick reply box at the bottom of the page. I'm not a fan of it, so I might change it to link to their profile page. However, the avatar does link to their profile page.


I find this a useless function. If the user has no avatar you cant get to his profile easily.

But thanx for your work!!!

User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4545
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Thanked: 1337 times in 910 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by mrchad9 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 am

Montana Matt wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:Matt-

I just tested- please see my most recent two images. Submitted them 4 minutes apart, but changed the time zone in the forums in between...

They show 7 hours apart on the timestamps, and are about 70 images apart on the 'what's new' (the image submitted LAST is showing as being EARLIER on what's new).

The time displayed appears to be the local time selected in the forum, not Eastern Daylight Time as it was before.

I believe that I fixed this today. If you wouldn't mind performing the same test and letting me know the results, that would be great.

My tests seem to work now. Everything gets stamped with Eastern Daylight Time I believe.

Everything is fixed Matt. Pics, votes, everything show with EDT. When I submit a photo, there are still a few from others that remain ahead of it in the 'What's New', from clever folks who changed their time zone to one that keeps it atop the page as long as possible, and had submitted today before your fix went in. From here going forward this doesn't happen though.

Thank you sir!

User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Thanked: 2701 times in 1495 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Bob Sihler » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:03 am

mrchad9 wrote:there are still a few from others that remain ahead of it in the 'What's New', from clever folks who changed their time zone to one that keeps it atop the page as long as possible, and had submitted today before your fix went in.


:lol: So maybe that's what happened last week. I posted a page, and a little later I noticed that a page posted earlier in the day had moved back to the top of the list. My assumption was that the person had deleted and then reposted his page. But maybe he was playing games with the times instead. Either way, that's pretty pathetic.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4545
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Thanked: 1337 times in 910 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by mrchad9 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:15 am

Right Bob! It was the time zones. Was chugach mtn boy that alerted us it affected the 'What's New'. And I was able to see the impact of the time zone players today (the same photos have been there all day). I also confirmed that they knew what they were doing... at least some of them weren't in time zones such that their own location would have caused it- rather it would have hurt them had they used their own time zone.

But the ability is now gone.

User Avatar
chugach mtn boy

 
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:54 pm
Thanked: 224 times in 129 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by chugach mtn boy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:07 am

Oh well, back to the same old same old. It was so exotic being in the Casablanca time zone ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick: If it's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?
Sam: What? My watch stopped.
Rick: I'd bet they're asleep in New York. I'd bet they're asleep all over America.

User Avatar
Arthur Digbee

 
Posts: 2280
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:03 pm
Thanked: 255 times in 173 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Arthur Digbee » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:49 pm

mrchad9 wrote:Right Bob! It was the time zones. Was chugach mtn boy that alerted us it affected the 'What's New'. And I was able to see the impact of the time zone players today (the same photos have been there all day). I also confirmed that they knew what they were doing... at least some of them weren't in time zones such that their own location would have caused it- rather it would have hurt them had they used their own time zone.

But the ability is now gone.


Was this the POTD crowd? Put them in the penalty box.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !

User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4545
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Thanked: 1337 times in 910 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by mrchad9 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Arthur Digbee wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:Right Bob! It was the time zones. Was chugach mtn boy that alerted us it affected the 'What's New'. And I was able to see the impact of the time zone players today (the same photos have been there all day). I also confirmed that they knew what they were doing... at least some of them weren't in time zones such that their own location would have caused it- rather it would have hurt them had they used their own time zone.

But the ability is now gone.


Was this the POTD crowd? Put them in the penalty box.

:D
Actually I didn't look closely. But to be fair the ones I saw weren't POTD members though. Perhaps they didn't even know about this, since most don't come into the forums.

User Avatar
Arthur Digbee

 
Posts: 2280
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:03 pm
Thanked: 255 times in 173 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Arthur Digbee » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:14 pm

mrchad9 wrote:Actually I didn't look closely. But to be fair the ones I saw weren't POTD members though. Perhaps they didn't even know about this, since most don't come into the forums.


Uh-oh. I talked about them in a forum. :oops:

:wink:
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !

User Avatar
nartreb

 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:45 pm
Thanked: 181 times in 152 posts

Image re-submit?

by nartreb » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:02 am

Apologies if this was already addressed.

I decided just after submitting this photo:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=672022

that I liked another, very similar shot better for the purpose. I used the Edit feature to browse to and submit a new photo without changing the description. (It showed the same climber in the same location, later the same day. Nobody had voted on the photo yet.)

When I click through to the full-size photo, I see that the new one did upload, but the photo's "main page" and all the gallery thumbnails still show the "old" photo. (Yes, I told my browser to force-reload. I also tried in a different browser that uses a different cache directory.)

In case this is just a Rackspace issue that will resolve itself in a few minutes: The old photo is oriented vertically (portrait mode); the new one is horizontal (landscape mode). If you see the climber with his shirt on, you're seeing the new photo.

User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4545
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Thanked: 1337 times in 910 posts

Re: Image re-submit?

by mrchad9 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 am

nartreb wrote:Apologies if this was already addressed.

I decided just after submitting this photo:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=672022

that I liked another, very similar shot better for the purpose. I used the Edit feature to browse to and submit a new photo without changing the description. (It showed the same climber in the same location, later the same day. Nobody had voted on the photo yet.)

When I click through to the full-size photo, I see that the new one did upload, but the photo's "main page" and all the gallery thumbnails still show the "old" photo. (Yes, I told my browser to force-reload. I also tried in a different browser that uses a different cache directory.)

In case this is just a Rackspace issue that will resolve itself in a few minutes: The old photo is oriented vertically (portrait mode); the new one is horizontal (landscape mode). If you see the climber with his shirt on, you're seeing the new photo.

Give it up to 48 hrs and it will correct itself everywhere. From my computer it looks like it already has.

User Avatar
EastKing

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 7:12 pm
Thanked: 20 times in 13 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by EastKing » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Is there some reason why I can't post my trip report this morning? I have the report all set and then it kicks me out into the "Create A Page" page. Nevermind; I got it working now.

User Avatar
Brian Jenkins

 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 1:31 pm
Thanked: 6 times in 6 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Brian Jenkins » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:54 am

I am currently unable to submit a Route Page, I keep getting a message saying there was an error uploading the file, try again. Tried it about 5 times and same thing.

Edit-it looks like they were created even though I got that message. Deleting duplicate...............

User Avatar
Bob Burd
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4257
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2001 10:42 pm
Thanked: 566 times in 292 posts

Re: User pages

by Bob Burd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:02 am

Clicking on a user page (starting from the "People" page) now gives one the page of a photo or mountain since User IDs and object IDs are confused in the new URL formats.

The links currently looking like:
http://www.summitpost.org/username/26969

But should look like:
http://www.summitpost.org/users/username/26969

User Avatar
Arthur Digbee

 
Posts: 2280
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:03 pm
Thanked: 255 times in 173 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Arthur Digbee » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 pm

On my profile, "Replies to My Messages" now shows a message from January 30, 2009, on top, above all of October 2010. Odd.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests