RIP ~ Mountain Jim

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
Bill Reed

RIP ~ Mountain Jim

by Bill Reed » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:26 pm

Long time SPer and prominent Colorado mountaineer Mountain Jim, aka James Disney, passed on recently at age 82 after a long battle with cancer. He was an amazing painter and a prolific climber (summited Longs Peak 93 times). His SP profile, https://www.summitpost.org/users/mountain%20jim/30137 reveals much about the man.
I didn't know him, but had a little interaction with him here on SP and heard of his exploits over the years. He was in some ways a larger than life character and he will be missed.
There's never enough time......

The following user would like to thank Bill Reed for this post
asmrz, Kiefer, scramblingbadger, Woodswalker, ZeeJay

asmrz

Re: RIP ~ Mountain Jim

by asmrz » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Sorry to hear that old time SP member and climber has passed. I hope those who knew him can share some warm stories about the man.

"There's not enough time", how true for us all

Kiefer

Re: RIP ~ Mountain Jim

by Kiefer » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:39 pm

I read about his funeral in the paper. Completely shocked me. I've had some pleasant exchanges with him over the years. He had quite a long and illustrious life. Had a few conversations about RMNP and Loveland. He was a nice guy. :cry:

Return to Colorado