Southern Colorado Skiable Couloirs/Suggestions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
Dan Shorb

Southern Colorado Skiable Couloirs/Suggestions

by Dan Shorb » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:24 am

What is the longest skiable couloir in the San Juan area (or Sangre de Christos) that is less than 45 degrees? Or what is your favorite ski line in those ranges. I'm looking for some spring ski suggestions. Thanks for your opinions.
我不知道杰克

iceisnice

Re: Southern Colorado Skiable Couloirs/Suggestions

by iceisnice » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:26 pm

The longest?...probably the Snake on Sneffels. Favorite ski line?....that's a loaded question. There are coulois ALL OVER the area that are in the 30-40 degree range. Some may be only a few hundred feet but a lot are around 1000ft. I'm going over to ski Mt Wilson and the Boxcar Couloi this fri...will let ya know how that one is...

no avatar
Dan Shorb

Re: Southern Colorado Skiable Couloirs/Suggestions

by Dan Shorb » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:46 pm

iceisnice wrote:The longest?...probably the Snake on Sneffels. Favorite ski line?....that's a loaded question. There are coulois ALL OVER the area that are in the 30-40 degree range. Some may be only a few hundred feet but a lot are around 1000ft. I'm going over to ski Mt Wilson and the Boxcar Couloi this fri...will let ya know how that one is...

Thx. Excellent.
I've not spring skied in the San Juans much so any suggestions are helpful.
Boxcar does sound interesting.
我不知道杰克

Return to Colorado