Taking bets now...

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
Guyzo

by Guyzo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:39 pm

ShortTimer wrote:That will teach you to confide in people, eh Guy?

Might as well make it be known to all............................

Goal for 2010 for guyzo and ShortTimer...... 5.12 ...... again, the real shit- not some new age sporto climb but a real live old skool 5.12.......

we will let you know when it goes down......

It's good to have good friends. :wink:

Thanks for all the support. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:42 pm

MarthaP wrote:
ksolem wrote:
MarthaP wrote: ...and I just might be in shape by then...

There is no "just might." There is only "do."

:wink:

I'm beginning a training cycle now which will put me in great shape by March. We'll have to get guyzo and his new waistline out to Joshua Tree then. I'm thinking about that Gray Giant / Fortress trip we've talked about. Get off the beaten track.

If that's a challenge, I accept!

Yes MarthaP you have all those great 14's to run up.... that will do the trick.... come on out to JT in March/April the flowers and the desert are best right around then. :wink:

ksolem

by ksolem » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Guyzo wrote: 5.12 ...... again, the real shit- not some new age sporto climb but a real live old skool 5.12.......

No "sporto?" That kind of narrows the field.

What'll it be?

The Pirate..
Warrior Eagle..
Hang 'em High..
Ionic Strength.. (nevermind, prolly a sport climb ahead of it's time)
Guns 'n Ammo? (We should get back up there this spring!)

Prolly want to get in a few moderates first...

Hot Rocks...
Insomnia...
Green Arch...
Bendix Claws...

Speaking for myself, I'll be very satisfied just to be climbing decently by then, regardless of the grade. As I am coming to terms with the fact that the central control unit will never be 100%, I have to be sure that the rest of the rig is in A1 condition.

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:02 pm

Just cause it has bolts don't make it sporto....

Funniest question ever...... uttered by some traveling climbers, talking to KS in the Hidden Valley Parking lot.

Where are the easy 12's ?????????????

Kris: Go to Red Rocks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

graham

by graham » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Guyzo wrote:Goal for 2010 for guyzo and ShortTimer...... 5.12 ...... again, the real shit- not some new age sporto climb but a real live old skool 5.12.......
I’m rooting for you guys. It’s always inspiring to see some ol’ dudes get’er done. 8)
I’m just hoping I can lead some 11s in 2010. It don’t matter to me which sorts, I’ll take weak sauce sportos or real deal trads. Maybe I should go to Redrocks :lol:
Wishing you all a strong, successful and safe 2010 :)

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Graham.... thank you :wink:

It's all Jans' fault.

Jan we missed you at the Apes wall yesterday.... you sleeping in??

Graham... pm if you wish to join in. Don't go to RR and fool yourself..... NJC is much closer. :lol:

late :wink:

ShortTimer

by ShortTimer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:12 pm

I was out of town visiting my parents, while I still have parents. I am back in town now.

So, that 12c I did last week, does that not count?

What's the plan for this coming weekend? Massive assault on Indian Cove or are you guys aiming for HV Campground? I'll be there, the weather looks good, and I will have Carrie with me.

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:40 pm

ShortTimer wrote:
So, that 12c I did last week, does that not count?

...... plan for this coming weekend? Massive assault on Indian Cove or are you guys aiming for HV Campground? I'll be there, the weather looks good, and I will have Carrie with me.

Jan I missed that one... :wink: I think leading is the only way to score "points" you-know.

Going to JT Tuesday..... Coles plan is to score HV campsites.... I am along for the ride, look for us.

Indian Cove would be the smart move, but going with the youth movement, I am sure it's HV... going to bring the extra sleeping bag, and extra down jacket........

Christan says the sweat lodge will be set up by Wed...... bring Carrie, she is always down for fun, and we need a rope gun. :wink:

ksolem

by ksolem » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:50 am

Indian Cove is reservation only and is sure to be booked up by now.

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:25 pm

ksolem wrote:Indian Cove is reservation only and is sure to be booked up by now.

It's always the same story "Campground Full" ........ but we figgure it out.

Happy new year all.

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:46 pm

1/27/2010...... update.

Drinking less Pale Ale, A Tall can of Coors on weeknights. Eat less food at all meals. Dropped about 3-4 lbs.

The surgically repaired shoulder (4/15/2008) is really starting to get strong, I was able to OSF an eazy 5.11a slab problem at Indian Cove, a few weeks back. (my kinda climb, technical footwork, reachey holds) That got me stoked.... :wink:

Yesterday was my 57th BD..... I did 57 laps at the gym.... about 2,000 vert overhanging feet, took 6 hours..... thanks to all my be-layers. :wink: It was hell.

Now to go drop 15 lbs more..... maybe a desert death march, for 2 weeks or so....eat and drink only what I can find..... survivor man style. :)

I need to get Short out with me..... he is a pusher, and with a little "encouragement" from him we will see just what happens.

climb on :wink:

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:55 pm

So...

That means yur skinny ass is up here with me this Summer for some real B/C Climbing Adventures, Right?????
Last edited by The Chief on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles

by Charles » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Guyzo wrote:
ShortTimer wrote:That will teach you to confide in people, eh Guy?

Might as well make it be known to all............................

Goal for 2010 for guyzo and ShortTimer...... 5.12 ...... again, the real shit- not some new age sporto climb but a real live old skool 5.12.......

we will let you know when it goes down......

It's good to have good friends. :wink:

Thanks for all the support. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good lck to you both! I´ll be following this with interest!

graham

by graham » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Guyzo wrote:1/27/2010...... Yesterday was my 57th BD..... I did 57 laps at the gym.... about 2,000 vert overhanging feet, took 6 hours..... thanks to all my be-layers. :wink: It was hell. ….
All of the b-day parties at Rockreation-Costa Mesa involve kids less than ~11 years old and they generally end up smearing cake frosting all over the traverse wall. I hope you didn’t smear too much frosting on those 57 laps :lol: Congrats on burning off the Crisco and getting 57 laps 8) Happy B-day Guy!

My swing dance with sinusitis over the holidays caused me to punt on my b-day challenge. Maybe I should go for a belated b-day challenge at the gym – I’ll need to get a big ol’ cake just to bribe a series of belayers :wink:

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:39 pm

The Chief wrote:So...

That means yur skinny ass is up here with me this Summer for some real B/C Climbing Adventures, Right?????

Hope so..... Just looking at the whitney lotto deal..... do you need to win to have a shot at Mithral D.? .....

Rick.... not looking to do any "aid climbing", any of those hidden gems go free?

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander