The new worst climbing movie ever

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Ben Beckerich

Re: The new worst climbing movie ever

by Ben Beckerich » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:19 am

that looks awesome.. im gonna watch it
where am i going... and why am i in this handbasket?

johngenx

by johngenx » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:04 pm

At least in "The Climb" the guys looked like they're in shape. "Killer Mountain" looks like a serious contender for The Worst, but Sub Zero is still at the top of my list. It's so much worse than Vertical Limit just because so much of it looks like some elementary school class shot the footage. The acting is so bad, it's almost unbelievable.

Funny how Hollywood loves the lore of climbing and yet has no desire to represent it with any accuracy. Turns out that trudging with a pack on for days of an approach is boring. Sitting in a tent smelling farts waiting for weather is boring. Melting snow for hours on end is boring.

Wait, why the hell do we do this? :D

NW

by NW » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:51 pm

johngenx wrote:At least in "The Climb" the guys looked like they're in shape. "Killer Mountain" looks like a serious contender for The Worst, but Sub Zero is still at the top of my list. It's so much worse than Vertical Limit just because so much of it looks like some elementary school class shot the footage. The acting is so bad, it's almost unbelievable.

Funny how Hollywood loves the lore of climbing and yet has no desire to represent it with any accuracy. Turns out that trudging with a pack on for days of an approach is boring. Sitting in a tent smelling farts waiting for weather is boring. Melting snow for hours on end is boring.

Wait, why the hell do we do this? :D

Because we all have so much going on in our brains we don't need crazy things like entertainment! :wink: This summer I got my lips so sun burnt they cracked and bled and I couldn't stop laughing thinking how dumb it was, that made them bleed worse.... but it was a form of entertainment I guess...

Charles

by Charles » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:50 pm

TheSalt

by TheSalt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:50 pm

What about Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible. You can even see the epoxied hand holds. Haha

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Wow, Killer Mountain makes it look like there a living monster in it. Interesting...
"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"
- The Dude, Lebowski

Previous

Return to General