To all climbers!!!

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
MoapaPk

Re: To all climbers!!!

by MoapaPk » Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm

"SummitPost is a collaborative content community focused on climbing, mountaineering, hiking and other outdoor activities. This site is built by its members, and we welcome you to contribute..."

I'm curious how people see all these offensive photos of things (other than real climbers). I don't see them much at all. Are the offended folks in a Westboro-Baptist-Church mode, looking for stuff to make themselves angry? If every third picture is of a flower or animal, big deal. If you don't want to see it, don't look for it.

The following user would like to thank MoapaPk for this post
Kiefer

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 pm

MoapaPk wrote: "... If you don't want to see it, don't look for it.

+ 1,000,000.569
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

Kiefer

by Kiefer » Tue May 07, 2013 11:50 pm

MoapaPk wrote:"SummitPost is a collaborative content community focused on climbing, mountaineering, hiking and other outdoor activities. This site is built by its members, and we welcome you to contribute..."

I'm curious how people see all these offensive photos of things (other than real climbers). I don't see them much at all. Are the offended folks in a Westboro-Baptist-Church mode, looking for stuff to make themselves angry? If every third picture is of a flower or animal, big deal. If you don't want to see it, don't look for it.

Never said nor implied non-climbing photos are offensive. By the way, LOVE the Westboro reference.
Just venting that climbing shots seem to be on short supply lately. Though, I suspect the season prolly has something to do with that.
Give it another month or two I presume.
There's a shot on here of an eagle's imprint in the snow ("Disappearing rabbit trick") that freakin' rocks. Just lookin' for some balance.

Damn it, Icarreau...
Pictures of ladders like what ya posted are TOO distracting! :wink:

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Wed May 08, 2013 4:15 am

Heard that "Mountain Project" has lots of cleavage ...

"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

Previous

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander