To Serve the Cause of Thread Hijacking?

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:58 pm

all from some undisclosed location

Dick Cheney is after you? Now that's scary!

Day Hiker

Re: To Serve the Cause of Thread Hijacking?

by Day Hiker » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:10 pm

1000Pks wrote:another cowardly sort, hiding behind layers of computer security protocol, to conduct his campaign of discredation, disinformation, and slander, all from some undisclosed location

Well, enough about you and your attack on the Sierra Club. Let's get to the real matters at hand.

Augie Medina

by Augie Medina » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 pm

1000Pks wrote: I am hereby requesting anyone with any direct personal knowledge of the events leading to the 1987 elimination of the Climbing-Knapsack Section from the heretofore declared entity of the aforementioned MLC SC, to come forward. The poster BIADH says you do not exist!

Is there a reward?

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:26 pm

1000Pks wrote:To spare SP users the indignity and time from another usefully informing, but now hijacked thread, and myself thusly being forced to accommodate another cowardly sort, hiding behind layers of computer security protocol, to conduct his campaign of discredation, disinformation, and slander, all from some undisclosed location, I am hereby requesting anyone with any direct personal knowledge of the events leading to the 1987 elimination of the Climbing-Knapsack Section from the heretofore declared entity of the aforementioned MLC SC, to come forward. The poster BIADH says you do not exist!

It would be my pleasure, and a highly enjoyed savings of time, that this thread does not get going as the hijacked one, but the attacks are persistent, and seem to be continuous. To me, there is no further merit to more discussion as the key points have already been stated, but thread degeneration seems to be supported here.

So, let the posts and volleys begin!

1000Pks,

I have inside info on what you are looking for. Send me a payment for $19.56 and I'll provide you with the the first piece of info. Three additional payments of $19.56 will get you two names. I prefer Paypal.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:58 pm

Does the MLC have an archived newsletter? You could go through the newsletters up through 1987, and just look for the disappearance of the Climbing-Knapsack Section trips.

This was before the universal-internet age, so I doubt you'll find much. Outdoor groups are not fond of publishing comments on internal strife.

It's over, done. Unless the event caused physical hardship or great loss of income (as recognized by normal people), then one should just move on. I recall Pete had some wonderful stuff in Spotted Dog Press books after 1987, so I'm thinking he survived in some manner.

Lolli

by Lolli » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:15 am

butitsadryheat wrote: I'm sure I speak for many on this site

I'm sure you don't.
As a double-tongued two-faced Janus, you're are at least not my spokesperson.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:22 am

Remember the Alamo ???

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:34 am

This just in ...

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:32 am

A man goes to see a psychiatrist. He says, “Doc, my brother’s crazy, he thinks he’s a chicken.” The doctor says, “Well, why don’t you turn him in?” and the guy says, “I would, but we need the eggs.”

We're all a little crazy. I myself have OCD, particularly manifest by my motivations for the REI power points discount, my deep love for Djibouti, and my tendency to end posts with platitudes. The Chief reveres Norman Clyde, and reads the Illiad in Greek every night. DMT has a hidden cache of bear poop. Bob Burd puts talcum powder in his shoes.

Yeah, Pete ends almost any post with an MLC tirade. But more often than not, the posts have some useful content. I used his trip reports long before I found SP.

If you eat a pomegranate, but insist on eating the husk along with the insides, you will get an unpalatable, bitter mess. But if you ignore the husk, you will have an enjoyable experience.

(My apologies to the Chief, DMT, and Bob Burd... all in fun.)

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:52 am

MoapaPk wrote:A man goes to see a psychiatrist. He says, “Doc, my brother’s crazy, he thinks he’s a chicken.” The doctor says, “Well, why don’t you turn him in?” and the guy says, “I would, but we need the eggs.”

We're all a little crazy. I myself have OCD, particularly manifest by my motivations for the REI power points discount, my deep love for Djibouti, and my tendency to end posts with platitudes. The Chief reveres Norman Clyde, and reads the Illiad in Greek every night. DMT has a hidden cache of bear poop. Bob Burd puts talcum powder in his shoes.

Yeah, Pete ends almost any post with an MLC tirade. But more often than not, the posts have some useful content. I used his trip reports long before I found SP.

If you eat a pomegranate, but insist on eating the husk along with the insides, you will get an unpalatable, bitter mess. But if you ignore the husk, you will have an enjoyable experience.

(My apologies to the Chief, DMT, and Bob Burd... all in fun.)

Does "all in fun" qualify as a platitude?

Next

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander