Attaching Photos in Non-Related Albums

Report bad submissions here in order to get them detached by the community. Also, post challenges to existing pages.
User Avatar
Afzal

 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:36 pm
Thanked: 16 times in 5 posts

Attaching Photos in Non-Related Albums

by Afzal » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:50 am

The member treker786 is uploading his photos and attaching to the of POTD- for the Year 2011 and POTW albums. The Photo of the Day and Photo of the Week Albums are only for the Photo of the Day and Photo of the Week. Today the member has attached his following photo to the above-named albums:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... 508#407508
Last edited by Afzal on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User Avatar
Adeel

 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:47 pm
Thanked: 3 times in 3 posts

Photos in Non-related Albums

by Adeel » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:36 pm

The member treker786 is uploading his photo and one of his photo attached to non-related albums of POTW & POTD for 2011 Albums.
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... 514#407514

User Avatar
Alpinist

 
Posts: 6404
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:21 pm
Thanked: 839 times in 561 posts

Re: Attaching Photos in Non-Related Albums

by Alpinist » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Afzal. This happened once before and so I changed the POTW album to "Private" last year so that no one else can attach photos. I don't know how treker786 was able to do that. I just looked and the album is still designated as "private". No one should be able to attach their photos to the album. I'll report this bug to the Elves...

User Avatar
Marcsoltan

 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:36 am
Thanked: 87 times in 36 posts

Re: Attaching Photos in Non-Related Albums

by Marcsoltan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Afzal wrote:The member treker786 is uploading his photos and attaching to the of POTD- for the Year 2011 and POTW albums. The Photo of the Day and Photo of the Week Albums are only for the Photo of the Day and Photo of the Week. Today the member has attached his following photo to the above-named albums:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... 508#407508


Afzal, You need to make sure to make your POTD album "Private Attach" only. This way this member wont be able to attach anything without your knowledge.

User Avatar
EricChu

 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:28 pm
Thanked: 25 times in 13 posts

Re: Attaching Photos in Non-Related Albums

by EricChu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Marcsoltan wrote:
Afzal wrote:The member treker786 is uploading his photos and attaching to the of POTD- for the Year 2011 and POTW albums. The Photo of the Day and Photo of the Week Albums are only for the Photo of the Day and Photo of the Week. Today the member has attached his following photo to the above-named albums:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... 508#407508


Afzal, You need to make sure to make your POTD album "Private Attach" only. This way this member wont be able to attach anything without your knowledge.
Yes, Afzal, I definitely second what Marc wrote here! Just now I checked the link - my God what a cheek some people have!!!

User Avatar
Alpinist

 
Posts: 6404
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:21 pm
Thanked: 839 times in 561 posts

Re: Attaching Photos in Non-Related Albums

by Alpinist » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:23 pm

EricChu wrote:
Marcsoltan wrote:
Afzal wrote:The member treker786 is uploading his photos and attaching to the of POTD- for the Year 2011 and POTW albums. The Photo of the Day and Photo of the Week Albums are only for the Photo of the Day and Photo of the Week. Today the member has attached his following photo to the above-named albums:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... 508#407508


Afzal, You need to make sure to make your POTD album "Private Attach" only. This way this member wont be able to attach anything without your knowledge.
Yes, Afzal, I definitely second what Marc wrote here! Just now I checked the link - my God what a cheek some people have!!!

As I mentioned in my post above, the "Private" feature doesn't work. The POTW album was set to "Private Attach Only" and yet someone still added a photo to it. I reported this bug to the Elves in the site Feedback forum.

User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8381
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Thanked: 2658 times in 1476 posts

Re: Attaching Photos in Non-Related Albums

by Bob Sihler » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:20 am

Alpinist wrote:Thanks for bringing this to my attention Afzal. This happened once before and so I changed the POTW album to "Private" last year so that no one else can attach photos. I don't know how treker786 was able to do that. I just looked and the album is still designated as "private". No one should be able to attach their photos to the album. I'll report this bug to the Elves...


There has always been a way around the private-attach-only feature, which I learned to my dismay a few years ago. I won't describe it so others don't get ideas. The best one can do is periodically check such albums for unwanted attachments and delete them. If a member persists, explain; he or she may not understand, especially if it's a newer member. If the member persists after that, you could contact the staff and let us give it a try.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)


Return to Bad Submissions

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests